15- Letting go

(12 Narnian Years later)

A few months after getting proposed, Peter and Alicia got married. It was a simple celebration and the Narnians were beyond happy. 5 years after their marriage, they went a little too far and 9 months later Alicia gave birth to a twin brother and sister. The girl was named Amara and the boy was named Peyton.

Now, they were 7, and the Pevensies lived happily.

This morning, Alicia was in a different mood. Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund were supposed to go look for the White Stag that was spotted in the woods. The reason for Alicia's mood was that she knew what was going to happen. She knew that they would have to go back today, and she knew that they weren't going to be back for a long time. Her suspicions were proven true when she saw what she had drawn the previous day.

Alicia was the only one of the group that remembered how they had gotten to Narnia

Alicia was the only one of the group that remembered how they had gotten to Narnia. She was given a choice to go with them, but she couldn't just leave her children, she needed to take care of Narnia. So with a heavy heart, here she was, bidding them goodbye. 

"I'll come back to you, no matter how long it takes. I promise," Peter softly stated as he saw Alicia's worried look. She took a deep breath and nodded, giving him a small smile. Peter smiled back, kissing her forehead, then Amara's and Peyton's.

"Love you." he told her.

"Love you more," smiled back Alicia.

Later that day, Philip- Edmund's horse- came neighing wildly.

"Woah, calm down, big guy," Alicia chuckled, though she knew what he had to say.

"Alicia, they- they're gone! They walked into some trees saying-saying words like 'Spare Oom' and-" Philip panted.

"'War Drobe?'" completed Alicia with pursed lips.

"How did you know?" Philip asked.

"I'll tell you later, for now, I need to find someone." Alicia said. She needed to find Aslan before he went away again.

"You will see them again, child." Aslan said softly. Alicia found him near the Stone Table and he was sitting there as if waiting for her before leaving.

"I know," Alicia whispered. She had an expressionless face.

"Can I ask you some questions?"

"Of course," Aslan replied.

"When Jadis... killed... you, I-I felt pain. Physical pain, even though I was away from you, I never told you about it, but... why? Why did I feel pain when you were stabbed, when mum was stabbed?" Alicia asked softly. Aslan took a deep breath.

"Alicia, I have told you before you were special. You felt... pain, because your magic is the Deep Magic, its connected to the Ancient Magic of Narnia, and the Deep Magic is connected to me. As for your mother, you inherited your powers of ice and fire from her, when she was stabbed you felt pain because you were connected to her- by magic, by blood, by love." Aslan finished. Alicia was deep in thought.

"So I would feel pain if either of you are killed?"

"Yes."

Silence.

"You're leaving too, aren't you?" Alicia asked. Aslan sighed.

"I have to, dear one. But I will return when you need me. Till then, farewell." Aslan said, jumping out and disappearing into the dusk.

"Farewell Aslan," she whispered into the darkness, as the first tear rolled down her cheek. And so she cried silently, praying that all the Pevensies were alright and that she would see them soon.

qotd: vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

aotd: (poppy moore's voice) vegetarian all days