𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

edited.

LUCY RAN IN WITH NO HESITATION

"Lucy!" Peter exclaimed as he and Alicia ran after her.

As soon as they saw the condition of the house, they couldn't help but gape. 

Everything was thrown around and either torn or broken. It just felt out of place- books were laid out on the floor, chairs and tables were thrown around and a tea set was broken.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy whimpered. 

Peter noticed something nailed on the door. He pulled it out, only to see a piece of paper with a notice.

"The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans.

Signed,

Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police."

"Long Live the Queen..." Alicia trailed off as she took the paper from Peter. 

She felt something in the pit of her stomach when she heard the name 'Jadis'. 

She didn't know what it was, but she did know it was bad news. 

"Alright, now we really should go back." Susan said, skimming through the notice again and again.

"Suzy, we have to help Tumnus. He's helped Lucy so much when she came to Narnia," Alicia reasoned.

"If he was arrested for just being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan said.

"You don't understand, do you? I'm the human, she must've found out he helped me," Lucy said.

"Maybe we could call the police?" Peter suggested.

"Um, Peter, these are the police," Alicia reminded him. He sighed but nodded, and placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Lu, we'll think of something," he reassured the youngest Pevensie.

"Why?" Edmund asked, speaking up for the first time since their trek.

"I mean, he is a criminal," Edmund continued.

"Really? Just because he helped your sister he's a criminal now?" Alicia asked him. That shut him up, alright.

A bird that was chirping very loudly from outside caught their attention. A 'psst' alerted them.

"Did that bird just 'psst' us?" Susan asked her companions.

When no one answered her, Peter walked out, others following him.

"Psst." Once again, it was heard, yet this was louder. When they got out, the bird flew away, and some rustling was heard, causing Lucy to grab onto Alicia who in return wrapped an arm around her shoulders. In the past few days, though it was quite short, Lucy, Alicia and Susan had become like sisters.