𝐢. 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬

edited.

THE ENTIRE OF NEXT WEEK, Alicia didn't show up to any classes

THE ENTIRE OF NEXT WEEK, Alicia didn't show up to any classes. The teachers understood, of course, they were aware of her father's death, and gave her time to mourn.

Because it was the last week before summer and because of being called by Dumbledore, Alicia got up. It was Sunday, implying she didn't have to be in a uniform.

The young girl advanced towards her headmaster's office.

"Chocolate frog." she recited the password. The gargoyle opened for her, letting her in through the stairs. 

"Sir, if it's about going to an orphanage, then no." Alicia informed as she entered the room.

"Alicia-"

"No, they treat me as if I'm a freak."

"Miss-"

"Sir I'd rather live on a street."

"Alicia it isn't about the orphanage." Dumbledore said, finally making the girl stop.

"What?" she questioned. 

"Take a seat." Dumbledore gestured to the seat in front, and the witch obliged.

"I have found a professor who will take you in for the summer, in the outskirts of London, and he will be informed of your magical abilities, along with his housekeeper." Dumbledore said.

"Really?" Alicia asked, disbelief and slight hope lacing her voice.

"Yes, and if you agree as to going there, we will send him a letter explaining everything." Dumbledore said.

"Sure," Alicia shrugged. 

Something was better than nothing.

"Good, now, here is something your father left for you." He said, holding a beautiful cloak. Alicia carefully took it from him, and ran hands through the soft surface. It was green in colour, the fabric feeling fluffy under her touch. She swallowed, her vision blurring slightly. She hastily blinked, not wanting to ruin the material. 

She knew Dumbledore noticed. 

And she was thankful he didn't point it out.