Gally Imagine: Not Anymore

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok?" He asked. His eyes scanned her face.

"He just ran in there, without a care in the world. He just wanted to save Alby and Minho," Her voice was quiet, stricken with anxiety for his well-being. "Do you think he'll make it?"

Gally sat up. Why did she care about the Greenie? "He's probably dead by now," He grumbled. "Good riddance."

"Why do you think so? I have faith in him." She asked, her eyes turning towards him.

He shrugged, laying down on his side of the bed, facing away from her. "I don't trust him. Something is off." He was bitter, so bitter in face he didn't even adjust to hold her during the night.

• • • • •

"Why aren't they closing?" She spoke aloud. Gally simply stared in disbelief. It had been three days since the Greenie arrived and everything had gotten worse as time progressed. First, Ben was stung and banished. Then Alby, their Leader had been lost to a sting as well. Next, a mysterious girl arrived who's first words were the Greenie's name. And now, the Doors ceased to close. Gally knew it was all Thomas's fault. "Gal," She turned towards him for any sort of reaction, but he ceased to respond. The only noise that responded was the croaking of the Grievers. She stood in fear, until Thomas grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him. Quickly, the Builder turned on his heels and vanished into the grassy opening.

When it was all over hours later, and the metallic cyborg creatures returned to their home, there was hardly half of them left. The small group stood together in shock after truly losing their Leader, and when [Y/N] saw Gally angrily approach, she rushed to him knowing exactly what the boy was thinking.

"Gally, stop!" [Y/N] roared, taking a step in front of him. He continued to walk and pushed her out of the way. She turned and grabbed him by the arm. "This isn't his fault and you know that!"

"Of course, it's his fault," He shouted back even louder. "Everything bad started happening when he showed up!"

"There is no correlation," She said. "He saved Alby and Minho. He tried to save Alby tonight. He isn't the villain you make him out to be."

"Ben didn't think so," He was quiet, his jaw clenched. How could she take his side? "Alby wouldn't either," They both were quiet. "They would be alive if it weren't for him, if it weren't for tonight."

"Where did you go?" She was quick to change the subject. "One moment you were there, the next you weren't and if it weren't for Thomas, I would be dead!" She spoke. "You don't even seem to care."

"He dragged you away like your his," Gally shot, seething with utter rage at the thought of Thomas. "You're not! You're with me!"

"Where did you go, Gally?" She repeated in fury. Her eyes were watery and he went silent. He'd never seen her this angry. "I didn't go with Thomas because I'm 'falling in love with him', which I know is just some bullshit excuse for you to start acting this way. I tried to save Alby, our Leader, and what did you do?" He opened his mouth to speak but no words fell. He swallowed and she continued even louder. "What did you do, Gally? You hid in the damn Box. You're an insecure coward, that's why you hate him."

Without another word, she brushed past him and left the group. Despite everyone around, he was alone with his thoughts and her words circling his mind.

Morning came quickly. The two hadn't uttered a single word to each other. In fact, he hardly saw her at all throughout the night. When the sun was shining and bright, he instructed some of the Gladers to bring the two Greenies to be offered to the Grievers.

As they were being tied to the wooden stakes, Teresa tried to bargain, catching the others off guard for the two to fight back. The group also pertained the Second in Command, the Keeper of the Runners, and Chuck. Gally frankly expected it, until [Y/N] showed up with several weapons and handed them to the others.

"[Y/N]," He started with a glare. "What are you doing?" She stood tall, holding the spear with a tight grip. The boys glanced to her, then back to Gally. "You know this isn't safe. Stay," He tried not to pathetically plead. "I want you here. You're my girlfriend."

She shook her head, eyes beginning to tear up. "Not anymore." His anger dropped and he stared with watery eyes. He loved her more than everything, but he screwed it up. He couldn't afford to lose her too. She was his girlfriend, his one love.

Not anymore.