"If that offended you, I don't care.", Alex argued.

"See this man Rachael. You've still got plenty of time to reconsider your decision.", Amy rolled her eyes.

"It is Dylan who should reconsider his decision.", Alex spat.

"Why? Are you marrying Dylan?", Amy snapped back.

"Sorry Alex, I'm straight.", Dylan mentioned.

"Rae snatch those knife and fork away from your fiance's hands. I don't want murders at my place.", Aaron remarked at the boiling Alex.

"Janette, would you like to say something?", I asked.

"Enough children. No more fighting over the table.", Janette scolded and all finished their food peacefully, well except Amy and Alex, who never stopped throwing glares at each other throughout the dinner.

After the dinner, Janette left, while we assembled in the living room to discuss about the wedding.

So many people and their so many ideas confused poor Alex who said, "It's better you guys decide everything. You all are confusing a lot. Come Rae let's go to your room."

"Poor Alexy. Go Rae, he won't be able to sleep without you.", Dylan teased him.

"No, she's not coming. We've got to decide the designs of her wedding dress.", Amy announced.

"You can do it tomorrow.", Alex asked.

"Rae, what you saw in this desperate man, to marry him?", Amy said.

"The same thing that Dylan saw in you.", Alex retorted.

"Why are you both always fighting?", Rachael asked with a chuckle.

"Because Amy once threw coffee on Alex.", I said making all laugh, except Alex who was irritated and Aaron who was busy with his phone.

"That's why I love you darling.", Dylan gave her a high-five.

"It's twelve, let's go to your room Rae, they won't let us discuss peacefully.", Amy suggested.

"Hey Aaron, It's midnight! So technically, today is your birthd...", Alex stopped midsentence when Rachael covered his mouth with her palm, glaring him.

Aaron looked at his phone, then at Alex with murderous glare and then got up and left abruptly with a deadly face.

"Thanks for that Rae. I literally forgot about it.", Alex sighed in relief.

"Is it his birthday?", Amy asked bewildered.

"Yes, but don't you dare wish him.", Dylan said.

"But why? This dude is so complicated.", Amy said.

"I don't know exactly. He never used to be like this before. It all happened after he returned from university. Five years ago, he came back home on his birthday night, all red and fuming. I thought to cheer him up with some cake and gifts, but...", she paused, her eyes teary at the memory of that moment.

Alex completed for her, "When she approached him, he threw the cake and ousted her from there."

"I still remember how shocked I was at the condition of his room. The window glasses shattered, curtains ripped up, table broken, doors smashed, all the small items littered across the room.", a tear fell from her cheek on her lap.

"I sent Mom to talk to him, but he never allowed anyone in. You know what he yelled from inside, 'I never want this day to be celebrated ever in my life. If you all don't want me dead, please forget that this day even exists.' Since then, we've never even wished him on his birthday.", Rachael told us the whole story.

"You ever found the reason behind it?", Amy asked with empathetic eyes, to which Rachael shook her head in denial.

Among us, it's only me who knows the reason. Our Convocation was on the same day as his birthday.

He was not the only one who suffered that day. It was the day when I last cried myself out. Since then, I pledged to not waste my tears for anyone. Since then, I reserved myself for my career, my work.

I managed to hide my broken self from everyone, but my father. He knew that behind my mask of strength was a broken girl, but he never tried to bring it out of me. Maybe he knew he should leave space for me to deal with myself.

"Anyways, it's too late guys, I guess you both too should get to beds.", Rachael said to boys, wiping away her tears.

"Yes, come on let's go to your room.", Alex said.

"Who told you I'm letting you sleep with me? You and Dylan will share a guestroom while I, Amy and Lett will go to my room, we still have to finalize the design of wedding gown."

"What? No. We're not doing that.", Dylan protested.

"Yes we are.", Amy said, "It's our sleep over and you both are uninvited."

"Come on. Don't be so rude.", Alex threw his hands in the air in complain.

"Learn to bear it, Mr. Groom to be.", Amy chuckled.

The boys had to agree in the end and all retired to their respective rooms.

I don't know why but I feel it's gonna be a long night. All I can hope is it be a pleasant one.

Hey Guys!

It's Aaron's birthday and well things don't seem right at all. I wonder if Lett's gonna be alright.

Hope you liked the chapter! Please don't forget to vote. It motivates me to write more :)