"A rogue? But aren't rogues bad?" I asked in confusion. I remembered them telling me about rogues and Strays.

Hazel turned around after her phone conversation with Archer.

"Oh yeah, most of them are, but not all. Some rogues became rogues because they were banished or they ran away."

Oh, so like me? If I had lived in the werewolf world, I would have been considered a rogue.

I looked at Maddie, she didn't look like a rogue. Contrast of all that. She was reserved, she had this certain air about her that was gentle yet defining. Maddie was strong, I could feel it. Strongest than all of the ones I've met so far.

I don't know how I know, I just did. In fact, these past few days had been weird for me. Ever since my revelation of the were world, things have been different.

I'm not sure if it's simply the fact that I know that werewolves exist that I am becoming more aware of things around me, but the way I see and feel things nowadays are so different that it's all too baffling.

For example, I could feel someone's strength and aura, the flow of their energy, their emotions. My senses were becoming alarmingly better. I was shocked one night to find that I could see so clearly during the dark.

I had always been able to distinguish scents before, but now it was on another level. It was almost as if I could tell how far someone is just by this alone, although sometimes some scents disappear on my radar.

The one scent that always had me on edges was most definitely Cassian's. It was a new scent, yet it felt so nostalgic, so warm and... it felt like home. It always calmed me down. Whenever I felt like going crazy, it was his mere presence that balanced my mind once again.

I haven't told anyone of the changes I've been feeling, I want to understand them on my own first. I need to try and handle them on my own first. I guess it's a first step to knowing who I truly am. What I am.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you about it next time," Maddie smiled at me reassuringly and now that made me curious of her past. "We're here."

I looked outside the window and find that we truly seemed to have arrived at our destination. The bus was moving slowly past the palm trees and the hotel buildings and in between, I could already see the vastness of the water.

I have never been to the sea and seeing a glimpse of it made me feel like an excited five year old looking in front of the TV in amazement that such a wonder could exist.

I almost thought that it wasn't real, but seeing the way the waves hit against each other and how people splashed at the water happily, there was no way it could be fake or a figment of my imagination.

"The beach is so pretty isn't it!" Hazel screamed excitedly and stood up as the bus came to a halt.

I was so busy staring at the sea that I hadn't even noticed that my companions had already stood up. Seeing that I was too immersed in being amazed, Hazel grabbed me by the hand.

"Let's go!" she said again with such a big smile on her face. I smiled back and was about to be led away by her when all of a sudden flashes of scenes came to mind.

It was Hazel, bloodied. We were in a forest and she was bruised all over as she was leading me by the hand. We were running, the air was heavy and damp as if it had just rained.

I looked down to see that I was bleeding too, but my heart was beating so fast and so hard and for some reason, I knew I had to run.

The scene changed. This time, we were in a battlefield. There were fightings all around us. It was chaotic, I couldn't hear anything and everywhere I looked, blood was being spilled.