Chapter 44: The Final Arc (01)

Start from the beginning

Just when they were losing hope, a noisy car arrived and tied the mean who captured them. A kind looking man and a beautiful woman came to them and carried each of them. They were weak so they couldn't struggle out of their embraces. The man and the woman would coax them but they were so suspicious. The twins thought that they're bad people.

But their guts say that they're not. The warmth of their hands and their calming voice told them that. The two of them didn't know but they simultaneously started crying to sleep. When they woke up, they're in a different place. The room they are in is so much better and wider than the room the orphanage gave them. It's warm and cozy. There are no rats or cockroaches around. It's also clean and beautiful.

'You okay?'

'Yeah.'

The older twin hugged his brother and check his body. They are uninjured and cleaner than before. They're also wearing a clean set of pajamas that looks expensive. It's the first them they had the chance to wore something good-looking.

While looking at each other, the door suddenly opened. The twins stood up from the bed and shielded each other. A small fuzzy brown head appeared from the doorframe. It's a little girl. She's cute especially with the pig tails on her head and the fluffy dress she wears. It's their first time seeing a girl as adorable as she is.

"Hello, Younger Brothers!" She greeted them with a smile before bowing slightly. She's speaking in English. Although the twins' mother tongue is Japanese, they can understand English. The twins put their guard down after seeing the tiny creatures.

'Are we the one she's calling?'

'Obviously. We're the only ones in the room'

"Mum and Dad said it's time to eat. Younger Brothers have to wash up before coming down for dinner." The little girl said while smiling sweetly.

The younger twin can see his brother in that girl. They have the same smile and feeling. The young girl entered the room and struggled to lift two boxes from the floor. She couldn't lift both at the same time so she lift only one. The twin could see sweat forming on the girl's forehead. She placed one box on the bed and placed another. Again, she smiled at them.

"There are Younger Brothers' clothes. The bathroom is there. Please undress first. I will prepare Younger Brothers' bath water." The girl ran towards the door inside the room and they can hear the sound of water running from the bathroom.

The twin looked at each other and the clothes in the boxes that the girl brought to them. Like the pajama they are wearing, the clothes also looks expensive. They hesitant even after that little said those are their clothes. The water stopped running and they can hear the little girl's footsteps exiting the bathroom.

"The water temperature is just right! Younger Brothers can bathe now! Be quick, okay? Mum cooked delicious foods today just for Younger Brothers. I will see Younger Brothers downstairs!" The little girl said before leaving the room with a smile.

'Can we trust her?'

'Obviously not. Come on. Let's go take a bath.' The younger twin answered through their connection and pulled his older brother towards the bathroom with the towel he took in that room. He touched the water and was surprised at how warm it is. They had only used cold water to bath before. It's so cozy that it became uncomfortable.

'You don't trust her but you're using the water she prepared?'

'We didn't shower for days and the water is clear so I guess she didn't put any poison in. You undress first. I'll see if there is any soap in here.'