male!reader | Tubbo - Hospital

CW: Car Accidents, Blood, Hospitals

It was warm and bright outside when it happened.

"Hey Toby, I'm on my way over right now." M/n spoke into the phone.
"Amazing, when will you be there?" He excitedly asked. M/n watched the swaying driver in front of him and nervously chuckled.'
"Hey, you there?" Toby asked.
"Yeah, this driver is just making me uncomfortable. I'll be there in about 15 minutes."

The driver in front of him stopped. In the middle of the highway.

"SHIT-!" M/n screamed out as he crashed into the car at 150 km/h.
All Toby heard was screams and crashes.
"M/n?" He asked, concerned for his boyfriend, "M/N?!"

M/n laid on his steering wheel, unconscious with glass from his now shattered windshield stuck in his body. Toby desperately called for his boyfriend, but got no reply.
"Fuck, M/N!" he yelled into the phone, still no response. After a while he heard sirens, then police officers, then paramedics, and then the phone beeped and the call ended. His phone must've died. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck FUCK!

Toby sat on the hospital chair in the waiting room, waiting to be called into his boyfriend's room. The paramedics said he was in a stable condition, awake and recovering quickly, there was just one problem..

"Mr. L/n is currently effected by PTA, which is Post Traumatic Amnesia."
"W-What does that mean..?" Toby asked quietly, as he'd been tired out from crying in the waiting room by himself.
"It means that Mr. L/n might not remember everything, not for now at least. He'll remember everything in his own time." The doctor said, before guiding him to his injured lover's room. He opened the door and M/n confused gaze fell on him. Toby felt a sense of relief wash over him when he saw M/n alive and well in his hospital bed, I.V. attached to his arm as he watched TV. Toby rushed over and threw himself onto the chair next to the bed.

"You're alive." He whispered in euphoria, grabbing M/n's hand. M/n pulled his hand away though, and looked at him with a very confused look on his face.
"Who the fuck are you?" M/n asked him, and Toby's face dropped from pure euphoria to confusion and sadness.
"You- You don't remember me." he stated more than asked.
"No? Do I know you? I know the doctors said I lost a part of my memory, but I feel like I've never met you before." Toby frowned.
"I'm Toby! Toby Smith, your boyfriend?" he stated, hoping that he would remember, but nothing happened in M/n's injured brain.
"I'm..." he trailed off, "I'm gay?" he asked, catching Toby off guard.
"You're bisexual." Toby said, "Come on, we've been dating since we were thirteen! You have to remember me at least a little." He desperately asked, but M/n only shook his head.
"No, I'm sorry but I don't remember you in the slightest." Toby sadly looked at the ground as tears stared welling in his eyes.
"Hey, hey! The doctor said I'll regain my memory though, so I'll remember you in no time, bit by bit until everything is back, alright?" Toby nodded, the sadness washing away slightly and replaced with hope.
"Yeah, you're right. It'll come back, we can do it."