Curtain Call {8}

I heard a faint buzzing noise and cracked my eyes open, looking around, disoriented. I looked down, where Toby was curled up with my arms around him. Our clothes were on the floor, and my body was a massive ache.

                I sighed and shifted very slowly, pulling Toby with me as I went so that I wouldn’t wake him up. His head was on my chest, and he was fast asleep.

                I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and unlocked it. I opened the new message on the phone.

                From: Neo

                I can’t sleep. Call me and amuse me, amigo.

                Toby shifted slightly in my arms, getting himself comfortable. I pulled the covers over us and kissed his head before texting Neo back.

                To: Neo

                I can’t. It’s too late.

                I stretched a little, wincing at the pain in my body. I shouldn’t be surprised, though. Toby knew I liked it when he was rough. He was also a master at teasing, which also shouldn’t surprise me, considering Toby’s personality.   

                My phone buzzed again and I opened the new text.

                From: Neo

                Ah, right, your airheaded sex toy is probably getting his beauty sleep. I’d hate to wake the princess, so don’t text me back.

                I set my phone on the nightstand and shifted into a more comfortable position with Toby. I was too tired to argue with Neo right now.

                Closing my eyes, I hugged Toby a little closer to myself. I couldn’t figure out if it was better to hang out with him and Neo at the same time, or separately. It was hard to know what would upset Toby.

                I mentally sighed. I guess I would just have to see how he reacted to it. I would invite him and Neo over tomorrow, along with Scott and Bennett. If everything went well, maybe Toby would see that Neo and I wouldn’t be getting back together, and he wouldn’t even bother Neo.

                With that thought in mind, I cuddled Toby and let myself drift back off to sleep.

                                                                                                ***

                “You should be making me breakfast,” I said as I flipped a pancake for Toby.

                “I would, but I like the way you make it!” he said, sitting on the counter next to me, swinging his legs.

                “What do you think about playing video games today?” I asked. “I texted Scott and Bennett.”

                “Oh, yea, let’s do that!” Toby said in excitement.

                “Bennett is busy today, though,” I said.

                Toby cocked his head to the side curiously. “What games do you have that are three player?”

                “We can still do a four player. I can invite Neo,” I said.

                “Oh,” Toby said, smiling. “Okay, great! I can get to know him. As long as he doesn’t bite me again.” He pouted and rubbed his arm.