Curtain Call {6}

***Alexander’s POV***

                “Thank you for cleaning the house,” mom said gratefully as she hurried to put an earring in.

                “No problem, mom,” I said.

                I had helped clean the house while her and my father got ready for guests. They were supposed to show up any minute now, and my parents had set out food and drinks for them.       

                “Alexander, can you put Link outside?” mom asked.

                “Sure,” I said, calling him over. I led him outside, hooking him on his leash. “Sorry buddy, you have to stay outside for a little.” I scratched behind his ears and he panted in content. Scott and Toby would probably drag me out here to play with the dog, anyways.

                I went back inside and searched around until I found Vesper. I carried him up to my bedroom and set him on my bed.

                “You have to stay in here. I don’t need you getting out and running away,” I said.

                “Meow.” Vesper curled up on my bed as if he owned it and eyed me, daring me to challenge him for possession of my bed. 

                “Fine, Diva. You can have my bed,” I said.

                The doorbell rang and I left my room, shutting Vesper in there. I went downstairs, where Scott’s family was.

                “Hey Scott. You’re first,” I said in surprise.

                “We made him get ready an hour early,” Mrs. Anderson said with a sigh, putting an arm around Scott.

                Scott lazily glanced at her arm around him, not big on touching. “Yea. I was forced into clothes.”

                “Oh Prescott,” Mr. Anderson said, shaking his head at his son.

                “Where’s my dog?” Scott asked, looking around.

                “MY dog is outside,” I said, glaring at him. “You can see him when Toby is here.”

                “Perfect. Toby can restrain you while I take the dog and run,” Scott said, nodding in approval. He slipped away from his mother and the two of us walked to the living room together, dropping onto the couch.

                “Neo is coming,” I said.

                “So I heard from Bennett,” Scott said.

                “I want to try to be friends with him,” I said.

                “I think you’re an idiot,” Scott said, shrugging.

                “I know. I think I’m an idiot, too. But I need your help. What do you think Toby will do?” I asked.

                “I don’t know. Not even Bennett will be able to figure out how Toby feels about Neo. Wolf in sheep’s clothing, remember? Toby is good at hiding things, and that includes feelings,” Scott said.

                “Yea, I know,” I said, running a hand through my hair.

                “Alexander…why Toby?” Scott asked, checking to make sure no one would overhear us.