Curtain Call {5}

***Alexander’s POV***

                I tried to catch my breath as I laid on my bed. Toby curled against me, kissing me hard. I put an arm around him, kissing him back.

                He broke away from my lips, his head falling on my chest as it rose and fell. His hand came up, gently tracing patterns against the skin of my stomach.

                “That was great,” I said, kissing his head.

                “It always is,” he said, grinning a little.

                I gently rubbed his back, closing my eyes, enjoying the feel of his body pressed against mine. My door was locked, but I could hear Vesper’s claws on the floor outside, pacing back and forth, waiting for me to let him in.

                My phone buzzed somewhere on the floor. I bent over the side of my bed, grabbing my shorts and digging my phone out of my pocket, checking my texts.

                “Who is it?” Toby asked.

                “Just Scott,” I said, snickering. “I told him I was busy having sex. He’ll be thrilled to know that.”

                “You’re so mean to the poor guy,” Toby said, laughing.

                “What do you think of Neo?” I asked, hoping he would be a little off guard from the sex.

                But, of course, Toby was never off guard. “He seems strange.”

                “And?” I pressed.

                “And that’s it. He just seems strange.” Toby gave me a cute smile, eyes wide and innocent. “I don’t really know him. I can’t say much about him.”

                What big eyes you have, I thought, and cursed Scott for putting the wolf image in my head.

                “Maybe you’ll get to know him,” I said, realizing that this was going to go nowhere.

                “Maybe. You made him sound like a great guy before he…well, you know,” Toby said, peeking up through his lashes.

                I kissed Toby to shut him up. He was so good at that. Throwing out cold reminders in the most innocent ways. But, hey, roses had thorns.

                “I’m hungry,” Toby said once I had stopped kissing him. “This always makes me hungry.”

                “I’ll make you food in a few minutes. Just let me rest for a little,” I said, pulling him closer to myself.

                “Did I go too hard?” he asked, tilting his head a little.

                “No. Well, yes. But I liked it,” I said, reaching up and playing with his hair.

                This was something I could never do with Neo. He was so prude and embarrassed about sex. I could never lay and talk about it with him, even after we’d just had it. But Toby was far from prude or embarrassed.

                I pulled the covers over us since my room was a little cold. I just couldn’t get my mind off of Neo, especially after seeing him after all these months.