twenty-five

Luz p.o.v

i ended up falling asleep on Amity's lap. to be honest i didn't even know i did until i was being lightly shook on the shoulder by the green haired girl i had my arms around. i open my eyes and groggily look up to see Amity looking down to me.

we were still in the same position as before, so i was guessing i wasn't asleep as long as i thought i was. "Eda called us down. she said dinner showed up." she tells me poking my cheek with the eraser side of her mechanical pencil.

"damn. didn't know my buddy dinner showed up to the house." i give the girl looking down to me a smirk as my voice laced with sarcasm. she rolled her eyes like she always does and told me to shut it. i unravel my arms from around her waist and prop up on my hands getting close to Amity's face. "make me." i say with the smirk still plastered on my face. she looks at me unamused, takes her hand and presses it against my face pushing my head away from her.

"nice try Noceda. now let's hurry up, i'm hungry." she asserted putting her hand down from my face once i was far enough. i groan and then get up from the bed.

"okay hungry, i guess the kisses can wait until later." i provoked, stretching and hearing my back pop. i do the same with my neck and knees.

"old lady." Amity mocked as she got up and started walking towards the door. i follow her and give her a smile as i walked out the door causing her to roll her eyes but crack a smile. we walk down stairs and go into the kitchen to see Eda already eating her portion of food at the dining table.

"took you kids long enough. what was the hold up?" Eda asked with a mouth full of food. we walk up the the table and take our seats, Amity points a finger towards me.

"sleeping beauty over here wouldn't get up." she blatantly says then grabbing her portion of the food, making sure to save enough for me.

"she's just hangry." i taunted reaching and grabbing my food, making the Blight next to me shoot daggers with her eyes. after eating dinner and getting everything cleaned up, Amity decided that it was around her time to go home. we walk up to my room and we pack up her things into her school bag.

Amity made sure to look in the mirror before exiting my room to make sure she looked normal enough where it wasn't suspicious. she didn't have her eyeliner on anymore but she did reapply mascara to look like she was still wearing her makeup. i leant against the door frame and just admired her as she played with her hair to put back in place. she's so fucking pretty.

once she was done with that we walk out to her car and she throws her bag in the back seat, then closing the door. she walks to the drivers side door she leans her back against it and crosses her arms. "be careful driving home." i tell her as i stood in front of her with my hands in my pockets.

Amity gives me a nod, "i'll make sure to do that."

"and call me too, before you go to bed." i add on giving her a smile. she returns the gesture and smiles back giving me another nod. "i'll miss you." i blurt out without really thinking. good going dumbass. her cheeks turn red and she uncrosses her arms.

"i'll miss you too, Luz." she stutters out, now playing with the hem of her uniforms skirt. i reach out and grab her hand and bring it up to my mouth. i kiss her knuckles and look back to her. her face was even brighter red, she avoided eye contact once our eyes met. Amity looked like she was on the verge of combusting.

"eres la mas linda." i compliment her as i lower her hand, still holding onto it.

"you're one to talk." she says rolling her eyes, her face still just as red. i chuckle and step closer to her. Amity's eyes shift back to me and i bring my other hand up to tuck some hair behind her ear. i then lean in giving her a peck on the lips. i pull away to see her eyes wide in awe.

"bye Ams, my señorita bonita." i say pulling all the way back now only just holding her hand.

"bye cariño, i'll text you when i get home." she replies giving my hand a slight reassuring squeeze and then letting my hand go as she turned around and opened the car door and getting inside. i give her a small wave and start walking back to my house. i hear her car pull out of the driveway as i got a few steps away from the front door. i open it and close it putting my back against it. i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding in and close my eyes.

"young love, gross." i hear Eda say causing me too jump and look over to her. she had her hand on her hip and was drinking out of her usual coffee mug.

"i'm not in love!" i defend pushing off the door and walking towards the stairs.

"number one; the way you were looking at her says very different. number two; i never said you were in love." Eda points out holding up fingers to count. my face turns red as i groan, walking up the stairs to my room cussing under my breath. i enter said room and close the door behind me. i walk to my bed taking off my shoes with my heels. i plop on my bed and grab a pillow and put it against my face. i groan into the pillow and wiggle around.

why is she so different than everyone else?