Rejected Tsuki path pt. 3

Y/n's pov

"When are you coming back?" he asks pulling up to the cafe. "What time?"

"Not tonight," I say getting out of the car. "Bye."

"Can you at least close the car door?" he questions.

"No, do it yourself," I say before I walk into the cafe.

"Were closing," Marigold says. "No exceptions, not even for you."

"Marigold, I'm having a terrible day," I say walking past her into the break room. "I'm mad at Kei, and he's mad at me, and this whole thing is terrible."

"Yeah, you look like you called out of a sewer," she says. "How long are you staying here?"

"At least for the night," I say. "I'm having actual relationship issues, not petty stupid ones."

"Can't decide who should do the dishes?" she laughs.

"I'm fucking pregnant Marigold, and this is a shit show," I say. "What am I supposed to do? And he thinks all I do is lie to him, but I don't."

"You've got the money to take care of another kid," she says. "You'll be fine."

"I don't want to be pregnant," I say. "I really don't want to be pregnant, it's gonna ruin how I look, how I do my daily life things, it's going to change everything. It already is changing everything."

"What about your looks?" she asks. "You'll be fine."

"Yeah, but it will ruin my body and I'm going to have to spend months working out," I say. "Everything about giving birth to a baby is gross, and the aftermath is going to be terrible. I don't want Kei to see me like that, Marigold."

"That boy could care less what you look like," she says. "He will not care about any of that, as long as you and the baby are healthy he will be just fine."

"And he wants four kids," I groan. "He looked so happy when I told him that I was pregnaunt, so so happy."

"Well, do you want another kid?" she asks.

"I don't want to be pregnant, it's scary Marigold," I say.

"I didn't ask that, I asked if you want another kid," she says.

"Well, I don't know," I shrug. "It's not that the kid wouldn't be taken care of, I don't really care. I never really wanted a kid in the first kid, but I love Kasumi."

"Well, what do you feel towards the baby right now?" she asks.

"Nothing," I say. "What am I suppose to feel towards a cluster of cells?"

"How would you feel getting an abortion?" she asks. "Sad?"

"Solve my issues," I shrug. "But there is no way I would be able to get one."

"Why not?" she asks. "Book an appointment."

"Marigold, you are forgetting that here in this lovely country we call Japan, you need the father's consent. Or the abortion needs to be like, in the mother's best health interest," I force a smile. "So if Kei does sign a consent form, I can't get the surgery thing. And here in Japan, they don't have that pill thing."

"Then get him to consent to it," she says. "He's all about your body your choice, who cares."

"Yeah, well I know that he will never consent," I sigh. "Not this time, and it sucks."

"And what makes you think that?" she asks. "He loves you, so much."

"Fun fact actually really sad fact, old doc man told me that with my medical history, if they try to interfere with anything it could get messy," I say. "And by messy I mean more health problems and any of those could lead to death, rip that pussy ay. Even though it's like a thirty percent chance, I know he will not sign it ever."

"Well, have fun having a baby," she says. "Or a divorce, whatever happens, happens."

"I am not getting a divorce," I say. "Ever, I love Kei and I'm not wrecking it because of some stupid baby."

"So, what are you going to do now?" she asks. "Because if you push the decision onto him hard enough, he will consent. The question is whether you want to or not."

"What would you do if you were me?" I ask. "In my position?"

"Stable finances, loving husband, a cute little girl, and friends and family that love you... I would just keep the baby, even if I didn't necessarily want to," she says. "Think, there max one year of you being distraught by the change, and then everything is good. And it's only nine months of pregnancy. Think about the cons of keeping the baby."

"My-." I start.

"Not about your body or how Tsukishima might not love you anymore, because we both know that both of those are false," she says. "What are the cons of you having a newborn baby?"

"Um... It's scary, and what if I can't take care of a newborn?" I ask. "What if I'm not a good mom to him, what if I'm too caught up in work to pay attention to him?"

"Oh, so you think you're having a baby boy?" she asks. "Looks like the motherly instincts are kicking in."

"I'm still scared," I say. "Really scared."

"Look, you and Tsukishima basically raised Kasumi," she says. "She loves you and turned out so perfect, and she's not even done growing up. Everyone will be here to help you, everyone is here for you. Having a baby is scary, talk to your mother or your mother-in-law, I highly doubt that they were all smiles and joyful about thinking about giving birth."

"What if the baby doesn't like me?" I ask.

"You sound stupid," she says. "So either sleep on it or take a shot of vodka."

"I can't drink, I'm pregnant," I say.

"Look, you care out that ball of cells," she says. "I'll take you back to your lover boy tomorrow. And the two of you both have crazy emotions, you could've had this conversation with your husband."

She's right, I made this way harder than it needed to be.

"You better not be blaming yourself in your head right now," she says. "Tsukishima should've asked you if you were scared."

"He probably did, but I doubt that I was listening," I sigh.

"Whatever, now don't go around telling everybody about your personal life whether you keep the baby or not. You don't need anyone's input if you get an abortion, if you keep the baby, great," she says. "If not, that fine too."

"I'm going to look like a whale," I groan. "And I'm not going to have sex for so long, this is terrible."

"You can still have sex when you're pregnant," she says.

"Yeah, not gonna happen," I say.

Lol, I was going to make a huge problem but I decided to be nice. (This note was here because I thought I was gonna eventually put it in the story lol.

-Crouton