Post break up

His hair was still messy when he had left her place, and his eyes were still puffy from his own crying. The fact that he knew many people in this area that could see him looking like this didn't bother him right now.

He walked back to his house, impulsively kicking a flower pot before sitting down on the steps.

"Kei, what's going on out here?" His mom asked opening the front door, obviously hearing the sound of the clay breaking. "Why are you breaking things? Come in the house."

He mutters a small apology before taking himself inside, sitting out the couch and letting his head hang low.

"Kei, tell me what's wrong," Akina says wrapping her arm around her son's shoulders. It was rare that her son would show up like this at home, in front of her. "Did something happen?"

"She's leaving me, Mom," his voice was cracking, and tears were already starting to fall from his eyes. His hands shook when he pushed off his glasses, letting them fall to the ground.

"Did you and Y/n have a fight?" she asked rubbing his shoulders.

"She's moving to the States and she broke up with me," he leaned his head onto her shoulder, and she rested her hand atop his head.

Sometimes from the outside, it looked as if Akina's kids were all grown up. The height difference was clear, and they did not look like her little babies. But Tsukishima is just a kid, her sixteen-year-old son. And in her head, he was still her baby.

"Mom, I don't know what I'm supposed to do without her," he cried. "I really love her, and it's not a high school fling."

"I know, I know, just take a deep breath Kei," she said patting his back. "Things will get better Kei."

"How are they supposed to get better?" he questioned. "She made things better, and now she leaving."

"I know you love Y/n," she said.

She really didn't know what to say, she couldn't say that he'd get over her because he'd never seen her son so happy before he met her. She didn't resent Y/n for causing the tears she was currently whipping away, as she could only assume she was at her house shedding the same tears, maybe even more painful. The difference she could come up with between both situations was that she didn't think Y/n had someone to wipe her tears away while she sobbed.

She was aware that the times Y/n would cry her son would be there to comfort her. And she could understand the pain Y/n was feeling, of pushing away the only person that could ever have a possibility to console her at the time.

"Kei, she doesn't hate you," she said as that was the only thing she could think of.

Her thought was that Y/n in her mind did this because she loves him too much, and she wasn't allowing herself to take the love Tsukishima was willing to give her. She didn't see herself as worth it. But that thought would most likely not work out if she said it to her son.

"I don't hate her either, even though I want to," he said, words almost inaudible. "I don't know why she's doing this."

"There's a fine line between love and loyalty, and somewhere in the middle they meet," she said still holding him very close. "Not all loyalty comes with love, but love should carry loyalty, but both can hurt."

"I don't even know what that means," he said.

"I know," she said a tear rolling down her cheek and on his hair. "I know Kei, just... just make sure you talk to me, and your friends. Okay, Kei? Promise me that you'll talk to me."

"Mom I promise I won't do anything," he sighed, letting himself just hug his mom.

I literally love how I write all my characters. And I'm literally so woke, don't even lie to yourselves.

-Crouton