Chapter 35

Swish-

Without any suspense, the ball fell firmly into the hoop.

A burst of screams and cheers broke out from the stands. All the girls who had just been cheering for Qian Chuan suddenly and unexpectedly transferred their enthusiasm to Lu Xun.

Qian Wei had to admit, Lu Xun really was that kind of person. He was dazzling enough when he was keeping a low profile but if he decided to act in a high profile wat then even the heavens couldn’t block his light.

Qian Wei watched as Lu Xun ran, spun, and dribbled across the court. Even though his long legs made him seem very tell, Lu Xun seemed light and effortless each time he jumped. And every time he jumped, his sweatpants would be pulled up slightly and reveal his smooth and white ankles. Qian Wei vaguely remembered what the interns at her law firm had gossiped about in the past and found herself agreeing with it now, Lu Xun really was a man where every single part of his body seemed sexy.

“Wow! Lu Xun is so amazing!”

“Lu Xun, come on!”

While Qian Wei was still lost in her delusions, Lu Xun scored another goal and the gap between the basketball team and Zhao Peng’s team began to close. It went from a 9-point gap just before Lu Xun went on the court, to now when there was only a one point gap.

“There are still three minutes to go before the end of the game.”

Even though this had only been a practice match within the basketball team it was actually a fairly professional affair. The University A basketball team was one of the top three teams in City A, so the school attached great importance to their basketball team. All the provided materials and equipment were very complete and, even for small practice competitions like this one, there were electronic timers and a special scoreboard with accompanying scoring personnel.

Zhao Peng and his team wanted to lock Lu Xun and Qian Chuan down for the last 3 minutes and stop the other team from scoring. As long as they could stop them from scoring they would win the game by one point. So in the last three minutes, Zhao Peng changed his previous strategy. He no longer took the initiative to attack and grab the ball, instead, he began to focus on defense. Several of his players stuck firmly to both Lu Xun and Qian Chuan so that neither of the two could pass the ball to each other or score a layup.

The situation suddenly seemed tense. One minute passed but Lu Xun still failed to break through their defense and Qian Wei could not help but worry.

Fortunately, Qian Chuan and Lu Xun exchanged glances a second time and quickly changed their strategy. After Qian Chuan grabbed the ball this time, he didn’t try to pass it to Lu Xun, instead, he turned around and passed it to another member of his team. One of Zhao Peng’s teammates hurriedly moved away from Lu Xun and rushed to cover the player who now had the ball. Unfortunately, that player was quickly intercepted by Zhao Peng’s street ball players. But Qian Chuan was not discouraged. He kept grabbing the ball and passing it to different players on his team. On the other side, Zhao Peng’s team were in a disorganized mess as they tried to keep an eye on people all over the court, and the three people who had been staring at Lu Xun were eventually reduced to one.

It was the final minute.

Qian Chuan snatched the ball again.

“Zhang Chen, catch!” He yelled.

But this time, just when Zhao Peng and his team thought that Qian Chuan would pass it to Zhang Chen, whose name he called, Qian Chuan instead neatly passed it over to Lu Xun.

Because of Qian Chuan’s diversionary tactics, Lu Xun only had one person covering him at the moment, so he easily received the ball.

“Don’t let him shoot!” Someone called out.