S E V E N T E E N

Mattheo asked if I would come to his house for Christmas... That would be catastrophic. I had to think of something- fast.

"Oh, I'm sorry Theo. But I'm actually going back to New York for Christmas with Ace." I lie.

Theo looked a little disappointed.

"That's fine. I was just asking." He says with a small frown.

"Theo. Truly, I want to. I've already said I would leave for the Holiday though." I say feeling guilt.

"Hey! Don't worry I'm not mad Apsen." He says.

"If you say so." I reply.

I sat down on my bed and leaned against the head board. Why Ace was here confused the shit out of me. Did he want to see Draco- or say that we weren't going to get married anymore?

--

In the middle of an actually really nice conversation with Theo, someone knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" I say.

The door opened and Ace walked in with an awkward. "Can I talk to you Aspen?" He asks.

"Um, sure." I reply making my way out of the room.

As I shut the door I got a weird vibe from Ace- like something was wrong. He looked a worried and a little frustrated. "What's up?" I ask.

"Well... I'm not sure how to tell you this, but we are getting married on Christmas eve." My mouth was open catching flies for a good 10 seconds before I even said a thing.

"What!" I yell loudly. Honestly, fucking America probably heard that...

"I found out literally only an hour ago Aspen, my parents and I are staying at your home." He explains.

Shock flooded over me, along with frustration and anger. Why? I found out I was getting married less than a month ago and the only thing I know is that Ace's favorite color is black. Nothing every made sense to me, but now it did. I'm not supposed to care, or feel, or be in control. What I'm supposed to do is sit back and let everything happen. Let myself get tossed around and shattered until I'm so broken no one will want anything to do with me anymore.

That's what I am- shattered.

But no one wants to be shattered. Everyone wants to be one piece and have a life full of happiness and love, but that's only possible if you don't exist. No one gets a happy ending unless your a fucking princess in a film.

And I am not princess. I'm a messed up girl living in a mans world, cause if I lived in a woman's world I would be ruling the world.

"Okay." I say finally giving up. "Let's get married."

"We don't have to- let's just talk to our parents." He suggests.

"It's not like I was gonna find a prince anyway, so I'll settle with a guy I don't even know and you can settle with a girl that is unlovable." I say.

And little did I know that Draco had been listening the whole time...