5

Kokichi's POV:

"Hehe that was fast," Rantaro said, crouching down to where I was.

"I know! I don't even know how the hell it happened!" I practically yelled. "Maybe I don't like him and I just like to talk to him," I decided, "Yeah, that must be it..."

Rantaro sighed at me. "Look, try hanging out with him tomorrow and see how you feel with him," he suggested, giving me a disappointed look.

"Alright," I responded.

"For now, you should sleep on it," Rantaro said, standing back up. I silently got up and walked into my room. I tried going to sleep, but couldn't. I kept on wondering if it really was true, if I really did like him. My thoughts were soon cut off by a notification on my phone.

🔍Shumai🔎

Shiuchi: Hello. I can't sleep.

Kokichi: Me neither. 

Kokichi: I'm gonna go get ice cream tmrw, and you're coming with me!

Shuichi: Alright? What time?

Kokichi: Right after school, I'll come bring you there

Shuichi: Ok, but can I do my homework first?

Kokichi: Nope! You're gonna come with me! I promise it won't take long

Shuichi: Fine

Kokichi: Oh yeah, we're gonna meet someone there ok?

Shuichi: Do I know this person? Is it Miu?

Kokichi: I don't think you know them

Shuichi: Oh, alright. I'll see you tomorrow.

Kokichi: Cya tmrw!

My heart pounded as I read the messages again. I sat there and contemplated whether this was a good idea or not. 

"Maybe I don't even like him. Maybe I just like to tease him, and hang out with him, and see him and- no! I should be asleep by now!" I said to myself.

"Yes, yes you should," I turned to see Rantaro standing in my doorframe. 

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"Long enough to hear you listing the things you like to do with him," Rantaro said, with his sly ass face, "Anyways, you should stop obsessing over him and go to bed."

"Whatever," I turned over and pulled the covers over me. Rantaro just chuckled and shut the door.

||Time skip||

Shuichi's POV:

I woke up and went to class like normal. During our lunch time, Kaito was standing in front of the door alongside Maki and Kaede like usual.

"Morning sidekick!" Kaito greeted me with his usual smile.

"Ah, good morning," I replied.

"Hi Shuichi!" Kaede said, "Come with me, I want to show you something."

"U-uhmm sure?" I began to walk, but then she suddenly grabbed my hand, locked out fingers, then dragged me outside to a picnic blanket.

"Here! I prepared a picnic for us!" Kaede said, smiling. I wanted to go find Kokichi, but Kaede seemed really excited because of this, so I just went with her. I sat down on the blanket and Kaede sat next to me, scooting her way next to me. It made me a bit uncomfortable, but I didn't speak up about it. I was about to pick up one of the sandwiches inside of the box when Kaede snatched it out of my hands.