Celebration

Carina's POV

It was finally time for me to marry the love of life. Gabriella started off by walking down the isle first, she looked so cute in that dress and her smile was absolutely amazing, it was then our turn. I walked in from one side and took Andrews right arm while Maya walked in from the other side and took Andrews left arm. She looked so beautiful in her dress, I was about to cry, but I managed to keep my tears back.

"Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go
You have made my life complete
And I love you so
Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will"

By the end of the song we were both stood at the front. And what Maya did was the cutest. When vic saw singing 'and I always will' Maya mouthed that too me, it's just the little things that make us smile.

"Friends and family, we have joined here today to share with Maya Bishop and Carina Deluca an important moment in their lives. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one,  If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace" Andrew said before he paused but there silence so he carried on. "Now I heard that you both wrote your own vows, is that correct" he asks us. "Si" I reply. "Yes" Maya replied. "Okay Maya would you like to go first" he asked her as she nodded her head. "Carina, I love, ever since you first walked into my station I have loved you, I could not keep my eyes off you, but I would have never have met you if it was for Gabriella so I guess I have her to thank for that. This last year has been the best year of my life and that's all down to you, I'm sorry if I make it hard on you some times with all my crankiness but I really do love you and I promise to love you for the rest of my life from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part. I love you carina and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you" she says to me as she reaches up her hand to wipe away the tears which were running down my face. "Maya, thank you, thank you for being the kind person you are and letting Gabriella come to your fire station because if you had never ask her to come then we would have probably never met and we would not be where we are today, you would still be queen of the clipboard Maya and I'd just be that hot Italian doctor. Thank you for loving me and thank you for loving my daughter like your own. So Bella I promise to love you eternally from this day forward. In the presence our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." I said to her as now she started to cry so I wiped away her tears. "Now it's time for the ring exchange, so Maya if you will" "I Maya Bishop, give you Carina Deluca this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." She says to me as she puts in on me. "I Carina Deluca, give you Maya Bishop this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you" I said as I slipped on the ring. "By the power vested in me by the State of Washington..... and the internet, I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may now kiss the bride". He said as we both leaned in to give each other a passionate kiss. "I now present to Captain Maya Deluca Bishop and Doctor Carina Bishop Deluca !!!!" Andrew said as all the guests cheered while Gabriella came up to us both and hugged us, Maya picked up Gabriella and music then started to play so everyone when into the middle of dance floor and danced !!!!

A few hours had now past and me and Maya were sat down talking with Ben and Bailey, they are just the cutest couple and I hope that after years and marriage mine and Maya's relationship is still as good as theirs. "SPEECHES!!!" Travis suddenly shouted. "Please may every take their seats because we have a few people who would like to say a few words.......... First up chief Miranda Bailey" travis said, and to be honest I was not expecting Bailey to make a speech what so ever. "Hello everyone, for anyone who does not know me I am Miranda Bailey aka Carina's boss and I am also married to Ben, Anyways, this speech does not just come from me but all the staff at the hospital, Carina we are so proud of you for taking this next step in your life, you are an amazing doctor, mother and I'm sure you will be an amazing wife, you light up those halls of the hospital and without you there it's never the same, carina I wish you the happiest of life" Bailey said before sitting down. "Thank you Bailey" I said to her. "Okay our turn" Andy and Vic both said at the same time. "Oh god" Maya said. "Hi everyone, we are maya's best friends and we are so so proud of her for marrying the woman of her dreams because to be honest we didn't think it would happen" Andy said, both of them a bit drunk. "Soooo..... Maya please don't kill us for this, you too carina, but we have been speaking to mayas mother and carina brother and they have supplied us with some photos, so everyone sit back, relax and enjoy the show of Maya and carina as they grow up" vic said as the lights were dimmed and some images were projected onto the wall, a whole slide show of us from babies to now, it was actually really nice. It was then time for Andrew speech. "Don't worry guys I'm not going to make this long because I know that someone else wants to be a speech, but I just wanted to come up here and say how very proud I am of my big sister, we didn't have a best bringing up, it was hard for both us but carina, she made the best of it and helped me along the way and I will be forever greatful, she is my role model and my sister, I love you carina." Andrew said. "Okay my turn" Gabriella said as she snatched the mic off Andrew. "Today has been one of the happiest days of my life, my mama has finally found the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with and I'm so glad that it's Maya, yes she is a but bossy but she is also so kind and caring and I love spending time with her, anyways I have got you both a gift, I have been planning these for a while so I really hope you like it, so first mama" she says as she hands me a box. "In this box is a memory scrap book, which I have started off, and as time goes on we can carry on filling up, if you open it up you will see that there is a page from the day that I was born, my birthdays, your birthday, when we moved to America, when you first met Maya, our hoidays and more, and then our next one can be from today" she says to me as I cry so she come and hugs me. "Thank you bambina" I say to her. "Okay now time for maya's, so as you would probably gather I didn't get this gift on my own, Mama and Andy helped me and I'm surprised they kept it a secret so thanks guys" she said as she handed her box. "As you can probably see, inside the box is 20 vintage firefighter medals dating back to the 1800's from all over the world, all are 100% real, here is the certificate" Gabriella tells her as she hands her a brown envelope and she opens it. "Gabriella........" she says as she realise what was on the paper........

"Maya, ever since you have set foot into our lives you have made both me and mama very happy, you have taught me so much, you have played with me when I'm bored, laughed with me when I was happy and you lifted me up when I hurt myself, I love spending time with you, however though all of it you have just been Maya, when all I wanted to do was call you Mom, so in that envelope is the papers to adopt me, I mean if you want too, everyone else has signed it, all you need to do is sign it..... so Maya will you be my mom?" Gabriella asked her as I was crying, Maya was crying and she was crying, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. "Of course I'll be your mom, Gabriella" Maya said as she immediately got up and when to hug her, Gabriella now absolutely pouring her eyes out. "Thank you" she says. "Now I can official be Gabriella Serenity Lucia Bishop Deluca, it's a bit of a handful but I love it" Gabriella said. "I love it too.... Now does anyone have a pen ?" Maya asks as her mum gave her a pen as she signed it. "I guess I'm a mom now" Maya said still hugging Gabriella so I went to join in on the hug, everyone in the room clapping. It was the perfect day. 🥰