Birthday

2 weeks before Gabriella's birthday

Maya's POV

"Hey baby" I called out as I walked through the door after my 2nd 24 hour shift. "You stink" she replied. "Hello Maya, did you have a good shift, I missed you" would have been a better response I said to her laughing. "Hello Maya, did you have a good shift, I missed you and I love you but you stink, go take a shower" she said to me. "Okay that's better, and I don't smell that bad do I ?" I replied as I smelt my shirt. "Bella no offence but you do, you smell a mix of smoke, pee and chicken tikka and it's hurting my nose." She said to me holding it. "Well I smell of smoke because I was being a hero and ran into a fire to save a baby, which decided to pee on me and the chicken tikka smell is because Andy got hungry and decided to make it, stinking out the whole fire house. And then to make matters worst the pipes are blocked so the showers are broke I told her as she burst out laughing because a baby peed on me. "Well I'm proud of you for saving a baby but obviously it didn't like you very much if it peed on you" she said still laughing. "Okay okay, yes it's very funny, anyways I'm going to take a shower now, are you going to join me?" I ask. "In normal circumstances I would have said yes but you stink so bad, I'm sorry" "it's okay, I won't take any offence" I told her as I headed into the bathroom to shower.

While in the shower I think I used up both mine and Carina's body wash but at least I finally smelt nice and got the smell out of my hair, I was so desperate to get the smell out of my hair I ended up using Carina special lavender shampoo. Once I was done showering I dried myself off, grabbed the first clothes I found and headed back into the living room to where Carina was.

Once I walked in I realised that she didn't know I was there so I walk behind where she was sat on the couch and reached my arms around her and kisses her on the cheek. "Hey baby what you up too" I say as I go around to sit next to her on the couch. "Nothing much, just planning Gabriella's party, ah you smell much better, did you use my shampoo and are those my clothes" she questions me. "Well yes, that's the perks of living with another female, you get too borrow all their stuff" I said smiling at her. "Well you smell very nice, well actually you smell like me." She tells me.

"Anyways what ideas do you have for Gabriella's party." I ask her as I lean my head against her shoulder. "Well I was thinking about just having it at the house and decorating it and inviting a few of her friends back after school finishes" she tells me. "Well I have an idea since I'm at work but I'd really like to be there." I tell her. "Sure, what is it" "well I was thinking that you could have it at the fire house, we can move the trucks outside and set up some tables and decorations, get some games going on, I mean only if you want" I say to her. "Bella, thank you !!!! I know she will love that. But are sure it's okay?" She asks me. "Well I am the Captain and I say it's okay" I said as a massive smile grew on her face. "Well let's get planning then" she says to me.

"So let's start off with the most important thing, cake, there is that nice cute little bakery down the road I might order it from there, I was thinking one of those drip cakes with chocolate on the top." She tells me. "That sounds good, but keep it away from the team else they would eat the whole thing" I tell her. "Okay now for the rest of the food I might just head to the store and buy some food to make sandwiches, pasta, pizza and stuff like that, can I use the station kitchen? It's so much bigger and it means I don't have to transport it." She asks me. "Sure baby no problem." "Now for decorations" she says to me. "Don't worry Me and the team have got it covered" "thank you Bella, I think that's everything covered." She says to me and she puts her notebook away. "What are you getting her for her birthday, I don't know what to get her?" I asked her. "Well I have a few ideas and I just thought for all the presents I'll say they are from the both of us, sound okay ?" "Sounds good, but I do have one surprise for her" I told her. "Oooo what is it." She asks me. "Well it's a surprise anyways I'm going to go text the team to let them know what's happening"