All because of Leo.

All his dreams, will and responsibilities revolved around her. She turned him from a boy full of hatred to a boy who was willing to live for another person.

She changed him.

He couldn't afford to let her become the person he used to be.

At the end of the day, they both were just monsters trying to find their own peace.

     °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Come on!"

"No, it's too cold outside," Leo mumbled and snuggled further inside her blankets.

Tom was currently leaning against the door of Leo's temporary bedroom which was not temporary at all.

She was forced to stay in the Riddle Manor for the night as the snowstorm refused to stop. However, Tom may or may not have something to with that. We will never know.

Leo was ready to walk out and po push through the storm if that meant staying away from Tom. It took quite a lot of reasoning and a few sessions of lectures to make her stay. Mr Riddle had to bribe her with more cookies and a few promises to buy her more sweets to finally make her stay which was quite ridiculous according to Tom.

Why would she listen to his father more than she listened to him?

"It's not cold outside. It is quite sunny today," Tom insisted as he entered her room.

"I don't care."

Tom sighed. She had been like that ever since the library incident. After convincing her to stay the night, she had immediately retired to her room and isolated herself from everyone. She even skipped dinner.

Leo never skips dinner.

Tom could tell that she was very upset and he honestly didn't know what would make her happy. It was always the other way around. He was the moody one and Leo would make sure he was happy.

"If you don't get up, I will be forced to carry you out of this room," Tom warned.

"I'd like to see you try, you piece of spinach," Leo mumbled.

Tom looked quite disappointed at the new nickname. It was quite amusing how she always found a way to call him names that were always related to the colour green.

"Very well," he muttered while folding his sleeves.

In the next second, Leo's blankets were discarded on the floor. She gasped and shot up from the bed to glare at the heir of Slytherin who was looking quite smug.

But Tom's proud smirk dropped once he took in her features.

Leo's cheeks were stained with dry tears. Her lips had several cuts with dried blood on then due to her chewing habit. Her eyes were red and puffy and she looked quite pale.

Tom suddenly realised the intensity of the situation. Leo had died, came back from the dead and found out about her true identity within a day. He could only imagine what was going through her mind. Furthermore, he even screamed at her because he was being immature.