Smile again.

"Your mother was not a witch, Leo. She was an enchantress, a direct descendant of Morgan le Fay."

          *̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏ⋆   ⋆ˎ-•̩̩͙- *̩̩̥͙

Tom observed as Leo's face slowly lost all its colour. Although, that was not what worried Tom.

Leo had always been very good at expressing her feelings. She was like a glass. Despite having countless secrets, she always made herself transparent. She never fabricated her thoughts or emotions. She was easy to read.

Now, Tom felt like he was looking at someone completely different. Her face was void of any emotion. She resembled an ancient sculpture. A form of art that was too hard for Tom to understand.

It was for the first time that Tom felt guilty. His throat closed in as his heart started beating faster. He had to grit his teeth in order to keep a straight face.

Why was he feeling guilty? Was it because he tempered with Leo's property or because he solved a puzzle that was never meant to be solved?

Why was he feeling at all when the reason behind all his emotions was looking like she lost everything she had?

"I need to know," Leo peered into Tom's guilt filled eyes, "I need to know about my mother."

Without saying much, Tom grabbed Leo's father's journal and started flipping through the pages. He stopped at a certain page and handed it to Leo. The page had a few sketches of her mother a some sweet words to express the love the man had for her.

He had gone through the entire journal in the span of a few hours. Her father was indeed a very intelligent man. He was a powerful wizard during his time and had many followers.

Most of the journal was filled with spells and drawing of various magical creatures. It was mostly a note book for his adventures and discoveries.

Tom had guessed that Leo's father had met Leo's mother during one of his journeys. There were not many entries about her mother but whenever Leo's father  wrote about the lady, Tom could tell that he was blindly in love.

There were a few sketches of her as well and Tom could tell that the lady was quite beautiful. At one moment, he even thought that the lady looked a lot like Leo but he chose not to ponder on that thought.

As far as the entries told, Leo's father was not aware of the lady's magic until it was too late. Leo's father believed that the lady only wanted a child to carry out the cursed magic and Leo just so happened to be that child.

Just after Leo was born, the enchantress had immediately left Leo's father all alone to take care of the infant. He had to leave all his dreams and look after Leo.

He was desperately searching for a way to protect Leo from her mother. He was not aware of her plans but he didn't want his daughter to be a part of the dark world.

Along with searching a way to escape, he also searched for the whereabout of Leo's mother. It was not clearly mentioned in the journal but her father always mentioned about a lake in the middle of the forest where he had met the enchantress.

No matter how many times he had searched for that lake, he couldn't get to it.

Therefore, Tom took it in his hands to solve the rest of the mystery. His own father's library was filled with books about magical creatures. Tom found it quite odd yet helpful. He guessed that Tom Riddle Sr was adamant on finding out about Merope Gaunt.