fifteen

"If she tells you I was here, will you change your mind about working at the same place as me?" the question makes you look at Jeonghan.

"That's not what I meant," you were flustered when you saw the changes in his facial expression.

"At least I can prepare myself before meeting you," you tried to explain yourself so he will not get the wrong idea.

"What do you even need to prepare? You look nice like you always do," what he said made the atmosphere between you both so awkward. You avoided his gaze and looked at your watch.

"Are you finished? Lunchtime is almost over," that was the only excuse you can figure out to escape the awkward moment.

Jeonghan didn't say much because he can see how flustered you were. He asked you to finish your last bite of the meal while he went to pay for the lunch.

On the way back, both of you didn't say a word to each other. The happy reunion becomes an awkward one.

When Jeonghan stops in front of the lobby to drop you off, he handed a plastic bag to you.

"I pack extra pasta for you. Maybe you can eat dinner later or keep it in your fridge if you're hungry," you were hesitant in taking the plastic but seeing how he insists on you taking the food, you had no choice.

"Thanks, Jeonghan," you smiled at him before opening the car door to get out.

"Y/n," Jeonghan called you before you could close the door. You turn around to look at him.

"Let's have lunch together again next time," he smiled at you, which makes you feel fuzzy inside.

"Sure, give me a call. I still use my old phone number,"

_______________________________

You dried your hair using a small towel after taking a shower and went to the kitchen to find something to eat. It was a long and tiring day, and you're starving.

Before you open the fridge, you saw the plastic Jeonghan gave you during lunch on the kitchen countertop.

You halted your movements in front of the fridge and walked to the countertop instead.

"It's the pasta he ate," your lips formed a thin smile when you saw the pasta he ordered, and it was the same one he asked you to finish.

Mushroom pasta must've been his favorite.

You took out the container from the plastic and placed it inside the microwave to heat it for dinner.

Your thoughts start to wander around while waiting for the pasta to be done, and that's when you thought of something.

You took out your phone from your pocket and dialed a number.

"Hi y/n, how are you? I miss you, bestie," a voice said as soon as the line was connected.

"Save your sweet talks. You didn't tell me Jeonghan works at YJ Company," you blurted out in frustration.

Isabell was terrified.

"Surprise? Yeayy," her voice was not as cheerful as before.

"Are you my friend or his?" You asked her, and you hear her sighed.

"Because I'm scared you would change your mind working there, but it was nice meeting him again, right?" The question she asked you reminds you of the past.

"It's like everything is happening again, Isabell. I'm scared," you said to Isabell.

"Of falling in love with him again?" Isabell guessed, and you kept quiet. She knew how you felt without you telling her.