"Jungkook..." you whispered, your heart racing. "How did you get here?"

He stepped towards you, nodding over the side of the balcony. "I wanted to see if I was strong enough to climb again."

You huffed, suddenly annoyed. "Why would you risk such a thing? Don't you know how much you could have gotten hurt --"

"Seeing you again made it worth it." He stopped right in front of you, close enough for you to reach out and touch his face. "It may have been reckless, but as soon as they released me... I had to find you."

He smiled. Your heart fluttered and broke at the same time.

"I thought the distance would have broken the spell," you said. "You realize that these feelings... they aren't real."

He stepped in even closer. "Aren't they?"

When you didn't answer, he stepped to the side and leaned against the balcony rail, facing you but looking at the stars over his shoulder. The wind blew through his hair, making your fingertips eager to touch the tresses.

"Even when we were apart," he said, "I still couldn't get you out of my mind. Aren't your charms only supposed to work when we're in the same room?"

You thought about it and shrugged. "The effects can last for a few minutes or a few days."

"But it's been weeks," he replied. "And I missed you every moment of them."

He moved away from the balcony and came back to you, pulling you towards him by your elbows. He smelled of cinnamon and the sea, hints of leather and citrus. It was a smell that took you back to his ship, where you slept every night in the same room as him.

"Y-you know that I can manipulate you," you said. "I just have to change my voice and you will do --"

"Then manipulate me," he returned, his fingers playing with the ends of your hair. "Command me whenever it pleases you. I know I'm safe under your spell, Princess."

He took your hand and put it on his chest, over his heart.

"You made me look at my own darkness until I could find light," he said. "Your power didn't harm me, Y/N. It made me who I am now."

With a hot hand on your back, he drew you in closer, your hand still on his heart. The heat from his body mixed up all your senses, making you wonder which one of you was the one with powers.

"Whether it's a spell or a curse," he said. "I want nothing more than to have you by my side."

You wanted to speak, but you couldn't, all the words stolen away from your throat

You wanted to speak, but you couldn't, all the words stolen away from your throat. He leaned in closer, and you couldn't resist the temptation to close your eyes and let him take over.

Which he did.

He pressed his lips against yours, soft at first. There was a warmth in his lips that stole away all of your resistance, and when he knew you were at his full mercy, he kissed you stronger. Wrapping an arm around your back he pressed you against him, his kiss deepening until you could barely breathe.

Your voice may have controlled his actions, but his lips were now controlling your heart.

He broke away slowly, leaning his forehead against yours.

"I'll do anything you ask me," he said, "but don't ask me to leave. Even if this is just a result of a spell... it's a spell I want to be under."

You looked up into his eyes, sincerity filling them. Looking at him, you knew that even with the power to make him do your every desire... you could never hurt him. You wanted to use this power to protect him. You wanted to keep him close to you even if his love wasn't completely true.

Because even if his feelings weren't real... yours were.

"Remember your words, Captain," you said. "Don't regret them when I grant you your wishes."

He smiled as he looked down at you. "I won't regret my wish, Siren Princess. Will you grant it?"

You nodded, running your fingers through his hair as you brought him back in close.

"I'll grant it..." you said. "But only because you have me under your spell too."

You kissed again, the wind and the moon the witnesses of your vows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had five more years with your father until he passed.

Seokjin's father paid for all the expenses for the funeral. You sold him your family house for only a single franc, telling him to do anything he wanted with the estate. All you needed was your mother's necklace and your father's wedding ring around your neck to go where you were going.

Jungkook and you were married only weeks after he had returned from the Den. Perhaps it was the spell he was under that made him so adamant about marrying you so quickly, but you were the one who agreed, so you weren't any better. Seokjin had told King Namjoon of the event... and when you asked him what the king had said, all Seokjin replied was that no one was even surprised.

Jungkook and your first child came a year after your wedding, your second child two years later. You were grateful that your father had seen his grandchildren before passing. Perhaps that's what helped him to live as long as he did.

And even though your parents were gone, Jungkook's parents took you in as their own. Jungkook's mother healed in due time, his father still crippled physically but not spiritually. Jungkook's parents loved watching and playing with their grandchildren, which came in handy when Jungkook and you went out to sea.

Jungkook had become a ship trader for Seokjin's trade business - a business none of you realized he had. Apparently, the bastard son had created an entire trade business while sailing between the Den and the city to fund his expeditions to the Den. He put Jungkook in charge of one of the ships. It made Seokjin's job easier, and it was the best way to see for Jungkook to see Jimin on a regular basis.

Jimin was strong under Seokjin's command and guidance, and he was given a strong position among the Judges. He was able to be himself - with no one fearing his abilities - and to see a new peace in him because of it made your heart soar.

Your relationship with Jimin mended, and he became a dear friend to you once again. The demons that once haunted him didn't bother you... after all, you had your own demonic past.

Taehyung became a dear friend of the family as well, and when you and Jungkook weren't on your way to see him in the Den of Sirens, he came to visit you in the city. He flew into the children's bedroom window regularly and told them grand stories at bedtime. He never truly forgave Jungkook, but they seemed to decide that you and the children were a type of neutral ground, and that no blood would be shed between them on account of you.

You knew that someday you would return to the Den and get your wings, but you had no intentions now. You wanted to watch your little ones grow, and you wanted to grow old with your husband. If you came back home in this body or the next, it didn't matter. You were content. 

Jungkook's love was pure and enchanting, adventurous and thrilling. That was all you wanted. Whether it was a spell or reality wasn't important. Being together - loving each other whether it was genuine or delusion - made you crave nothing else.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st ending finished! Three more to go! :D