I went inside the room. He was in his study table engrossed in a case file. When I kept the cup in front of him he noticed me.

"What case are you studying with so much concentration?" I asked.

"Look Mary, there's a problem," he said.

"What problem?" I asked.

"You have to help me to convince Momma," he said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Chief just called me to ask me if I can come to the hospital right now. There's an emergency surgery which Dr. Paul was supposed to perform but due to his wife's labour he is not able to make it," he said.

"So?" I asked.

"Chief told me to perform the surgery and Momma will not let me go out today. I had taken days off because she wants us to spend time together" he said "if I tell her to let me go she is not going to agree" he continued "help me convince her" he added.

"I just tried to convince her to let me prepare the lunch but she ordered me to go to the room" I said "I don't think it will work" I added and he sighed.

"Let's give it a try" I said and he grinned.

We went downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Momma, I have something to tell you," I said.

"What is it? Are you guys planning to go on a date then you don't have to ask me, go ahead" she said in one go.

"Actually Zain has to go to hospital-" I trailed.

"No one is going to talk about the hospital in this house until the reception," she ordered.

"But Momma it's an emergency" Zain said.

"Yes Momma Dr. Paul's wife is in labour and he will not be able to perform a surgery and it's an emergency surgery" I said "he only has to perform one surgery he will be back soon" I added.

"No Mary, I want you guys to spend time together," Momma said.

"Who said that we will not be able to spend time together?" Zain said "Mary will be there with me in the operation room" he added.

"How?" I asked.

I'm on leave and the chief didn't call me.

"He didn't call you because your phone is in your house," Zain said.

Wow! He can read my mind so easily.

"It's a big no, I'm not letting my newlywed daughter go to hospital and perform surgery" she said.

"But Momma-" Zain was cut off by Papa who just entered the kitchen with his coffee mug.

"What's going on here?" Papa asked.

"Papa, we got an emergency call from the hospital to perform an emergency surgery and Momma is not letting us go," Zain explained.

"You guys are on leave then stay at home enjoy your days off" Papa said.

"No papa we don't have to do our duty we just have to perform one surgery which will take maybe three to four hours" I said.

"You should spend those hours with each other instead of going to the hospital" Momma said.

"It's okay Fatema let them go they will be saving someone's life" Papa said "go Maryam and Zain but you should be back before Maghrib" he added.

"Okay Papa" we said in unison.

"Sorry Momma but it's an emergency call and we will spend time together after we come back" I said.

"It's okay sweetheart" she replied.

"Momma don't prepare lunch for us, we can have lunch outside after the surgery," Zain said.

"It's a lunch date then, have fun, both of you" Momma said with a smile and we smiled back.

"Let's get ready," Zain said.

--------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

FIRST DATE WITH SOULMATE ;)

Picture on the top of the chapter from K-drama Dr. Romantic 2.

Comment your favourite part in this chapter.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇⭐ Vote ⭐👇