27

Dear Y/N,

How have you been? I hope you're doing great and well, unlike me. I wrote this letter for you along with these gifts because I'll not be using them anymore. It'll be such a waste if I don't give it to someone who will put them to use. I hope you enjoy these gifts because these are my personal favorite items, but since I won't use them anymore, I'll give them to you.

You probably don't know who I am but I am your mother's friend and you might not even remember me since the last time we saw each other was when you were a baby.

Y/N, do me a favor, if someone comes looking for you to ask a favor about a painting, show him the brush with the gold handle and this letter. Have a great rest of your day and enjoy the gifts!

Sincerely,               
Miss Kristin    

-----

Y/N showed Ranboo the paintbrush that was mentioned in the letter.

"When I read it, I honestly didn't expect that this was from the queen. My mom never told me about Kristin except she was a great friend to her." Y/N said, letting Ranboo read the letter. "I just thought she and the queen had the same name." She chuckled.

They turned their back to see if there were other things that were in the box with the letter.

Ranboo looked at the brush and read the letter over and over again then suddenly teared up. Y/N turned back to look at Ranboo, they hurriedly comforted him.

"Ranboo?" Y/N called softly. "What's wrong?"

He hurriedly grabbed the letter, placed it down and cupped Ranboo’s cheeks in his hands, wiping the tears away.

"Hey, hey," Y/N said softly. "It's okay."

Ranboo sniffled while Y/N just continued wiping the tears away. After a few seconds, Ranboo replied.

"This was my mother's favorite brush." Ranboo sniffled. "She used to paint with it all the time."

"Aww." Y/N's heart melted. "I never used it because she mentioned it was her favorite. I wanted to treasure the importance of it so I kept it away from my other brushes."

Ranboo suddenly hugged Y/N, letting the tears go roll down his face to Y/N's shoulder. They didn't mind though. They just rubbed circles on his back, comforting him the best they could.

"Thank you," Ranboo muttered, muffled by Y/N's shoulder. "From mama, and me."

Y/N smiled, leaning their head closer to his. They whispered "No worries." then continued rubbing circles on the prince's back.

Dream was standing in the doorway, smiling at the two. He apparently decided to check on the two when he started hearing a few sobs. After a few seconds, he left.

-----

"Dream?" Y/N called. Dream looked up at the two and smiled.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"We're going to go back to the castle," Ranboo replied. "I asked Y/N for a favor."

"Do you want to come with us?" Y/N added.

"Sure, I'll go grab my stuff." Dream smiled. He stood up going to grab his stuff.

Y/N and Ranboo went outside and waited, holding each other's hands.

"Ranboo?" Y/N turned to Ranboo. Ranboo hummed in return. "Does your father know about this?"

"Us?" Ranboo asked.