26

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" Ranboo asked in the calmest way he could.

Y/N tensed but they knew they needed to tell him.

"I thought you already knew and when I learned you didn't know yet, I tried to tell you but then.. the whole busy for the ball thing happened.." Y/N replied.

Ranboo just hummed in response.

"What about Princess Alex?" Y/N asked.

"Prince Alex." Ranboo corrected. "He is a trans man. He even has a girlfriend now."

"Really?" Y/N asked cheerfully. "That's great! I'm happy for him."

"Me too." Ranboo sighed happily. He's relieved that Y/N didn't plan to just ghost him and forget about him forever. He snapped out of his thoughts when Y/N asked another question.

"But weren't the both of you happy when you were dancing at the ball?" Y/N added.

"It was a show, we were never happy with what we were put through," Ranboo answered.

"Oh."

A few minutes of silence commenced after that. Ranboo was debating whether he should ask about the letter or confront them about his mother's letter. He ended up choosing one and asked Y/N about it.

"Y/N?" Ranboo spoke, looking at Y/N. She looked back at him and replied, "Yea?"

Ranboo took a deep breath and sighed.

"Is what you said in the letter true?" Ranboo asked, his voice lowering with each word.

Y/N's eyebrows raised and a blush crept up their face. They looked away desperately trying to keep the embarrassment from being exposed more. Ranboo noticed their discomfort.

"If you don't want to talk about it its fー"

"Yes."

"What?" Ranboo asked, frozen because of the sudden reply.

"The letter was true. Everything there was true. I do..." Y/N replied, her face turned away from Ranboo. "I do love you."

Ranboo's cheeks got warmer and redder. It gave him a different feeling. A feeling of excitement and a little bit of contentment. Hearing Y/N say that he loves him is different from reading a letter that is possibly not even from him.

Ranboo stood up from where he was seated and walked up to Y/N. They turned to see what the rustling was, they saw Ranboo standing in front of them, his hand out for Y/N to grab. He was inviting them to stand up with him.

Y/N gladly took it and stood up. Ranboo hesitantly placed one of his hands on Y/N's cheek which they leaned into it. They placed their own hand on top of it and smiled, feeling the warmth of his hand.

"Y/N?" Ranboo whispered.

Y/N looked up at him with a calm expression on her face. "Yeah?"

Ranboo placed his other hand on Y/N's cheek and leaned it closer, resting his forehead on theirs.

"I love you too," Ranboo whispered.

Both of them smiled as they rested on each other's forehead, looking into each other's eyes. Ranboo's eyes glowed for Y/N as they stared at each other.

"Ranboo?" Y/N whispered softly. Ranboo hummed. "Why do your eyes glow?"

Ranboo's eyes widened, slowly standing back up straight again. Y/N got worried as to what this meant to Ranboo.

"What does that mean?" Y/N asked anxiously. "Ranboo?"

Ranboo stayed quiet but he smiled, still looking at Y/N. To Y/N's shock, he started removing his mask. Y/N looked away instinctively.

"It's okay." Ranboo chuckled. "Nothing will happen to you or anyone."

Slowly, Y/N looked back, watching as he took off his mask. He lowered his head and took off his mask.

Once his mask was off, he looked back at Y/N. He was taken aback by the man's face in front of him, to him it was unexplainable. Beautiful? Unique? He doesn't know how to explain it.

Y/N observed Ranboo’s used-to-be hidden features, his other eye grabbed his attention. His other eye was crimson red, beautiful yet terrifying. There was also a small patch of a black birthmark on the side of his lips up to his cheek. It was beautiful, it formed some sort of shape. Which also complemented Ranboo's black hair.

"You're beautiful," Y/N muttered to which both of them smiled.

"You think so?" Ranboo asked, bashfully.

"I know so," Y/N assured him.

Ranboo ran up to them to give them a hug. Y/N yelped as he did so. He may have done more than that because he picked them up and spun them around causing both of them to laugh. When he set Y/N down, he placed his hands on their cheeks and rested on each other's forehead again, staring at each other, smiling.

After a few seconds, Ranboo decided to take the initiative to lean in for a kiss. Y/N kissed back when he felt the soft lips of the prince against his. Both of them enjoy the moment of peace, just the two of them, knowing that both of them share the same feelings and no one is holding them back or controlling them.

When Ranboo backed away, they both opened their eyes and smiled. From leaning on each other's foreheads, they leaned on each other's bodies as they swayed while being in each other's arms.

-----

"Y/N?" said Ranboo. "Would you come back to the palace with me?"

"Why?" Y/N asked, looking up at him. "Did something happen?"

"Oh, no no." Ranboo chuckled. "Don't worry."

"Then what is it?" Y/N asked again. "Does the king want to see me again?"

"No," Ranboo replied. "I want to ask you for a favor."

"Oh?"

Ranboo let go of their hug and grabbed something from his pocket. He grabbed his mother's letter. He showed it to Y/N pointing at the part where his mother mentioned someone else finishing the paintings.

"This is you, right?" Ranboo asked after Y/N stared at it.

Y/N's eyes widened as he read the words Ranboo's mother wrote.

"Y-Yes." Y/N muttered. "Yes, that is me!"

Ranboo smiled, delighted that he heard the exact words he was expecting. He noticed Y/N smiling widely at the sight of the letter, they were reading it over and over again.

"I have to show you something!" Y/N exclaimed. "We have to go home now!"

Y/N immediately grabbed Ranboo's wrist and pulled him back to the entrance, Ranboo frantically putting his mask back on. They ran until they got to where they were earlier. Ranboo called Jack who immediately came with the carriage. They got on and drove home.

When they got home, Y/N rushed upstairs, not even bothering to greet Dream. Ranboo greeted him though. Ranboo followed them upstairs as he watched them go through drawers, boxes, and their closet, digging deep to find what they were looking for.

After a few minutes, he found what he was looking for and stood up to show Ranboo. He held it up to his face, his eyes widening because of shock.