16

//CW: death//

Y/N's parents were artists. He just picked up the talent from them. They raised him in a loving home along with working hard for them.

Their parents were known artists from this kingdom and to other kingdoms as well. Sometimes they are paid to do artwork for different people in different kingdoms. They even got to travel to deliver it to them.

One day, someone from another kingdom paid his parents to paint for them. The man was pretty wealthy so their parents couldn't say no, and it's basically their source of living so, yeah.

Since at the time Y/N was 15, they already knew how to paint like them. So they got to go with them to another kingdom and he was excited since it was his first time leaving home to paint for someone.

They left at around dawn, a few days after they received the letter. They strictly had to be early the next day and the other kingdom was hours apart from where they were, so they had to leave the night before.

They had a carriage with two horses to travel with. Y/N and his mother are staying in the carriage while his father is the one controlling the horse. Inside the carriage were the supplies along with Y/N and his mother.

While they were on the way there, his dad warned them that a snowstorm was about to hit and it could be seen in the distance. Y/N's mom told them to go back but his dad said that they have to go through it since the buyer was strict about getting there tomorrow. They had no choice but to continue.

When the storm hit, the road became slippery. Y/N was hugging tightly to his mom while she kept reassuring them that it was fine and will be fine. Then his father shouted and a lot of ruckus was heard.

One of the horse's harness had frozen and broken off. The horse panicked and kicked the carriage, which caused it to tip over. Y/N's mom hugged them tightly protecting them from impact, while the other horse broke off as well.

When his mom knew nothing else was going to happen, she let go of Y/N but he didn't let go of her. She told him that they had to get out but they had to do it quickly. Y/N being vulnerable, let go and she helped him to get out of the, now sideways, carriage.

When he got out, he lent his hand for his mom to grab but she didn't take it. Y/N realized she was stuck and she realized it too.

"Go." His mom said,

"What?" Y/N asked. "Whatー What do you mean?"

"Save yourself." Their mother replied, tears welling up in her eyes.

Little did Y/N know, the fire from a lantern was already spreading. There was little to no time left.

"Your mother is right." Their father added as he tried to remove the debris over him but there was too much for him to move alone. "Leave, Y/N."

Y/N started tearing up, feeling his tears go cold immediately once they fell down his face.

"No! I'm not going to leave you guys here!" They shouted as they tried to help their parents.

"You need to go Y/N!" his dad screamed. "You need to save yourself!"

"I'm not going anywhere without you guys!" Y/N sobbed, hysterically. He tried to help but the fire had spread, and now he was starting to feel the heat.

"Y/N." His dad said sternly. "Go. You have a whole life ahead of you."

"Butー dad," Y/N complained. "I just can't leaー"

"Don't end it here." He added. "We love you, always. Don't forget it."

That was it. He knew that was their goodbye. They aren't gonna come back anymore.