7

Y/N finished painting most of them. He finished painting Techno and the queen, Kristin's skin color, with shade as well. Now he only needs to finish Philza's and Ranboo's. He started with Ranboo's hands.

"Y/N?" Someone called. He jumped and almost fell the ladder again.

Y/N flicked my brush a different direction causing it to have a slash of paint out of the lines. He looked down to see who it was, his blood kind of boiling because of it.

"Whaー" He stopped when he saw Ranboo standing there, with only his green eye shown. "Oh! Prince Raー"

"Ranboo." He simply said.

"Excuse me?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He wasnt sure of what he heard.

"Just call me Ranboo." He continued. "Im not gonna report you or something for disrespecting."

He looked back up at him.

"Besides, we are the only ones here." He shrugged.

Y/N nodded. He started climbing down of the ladder, carefully. Ranboo was eyeing his steps making sure he wont slip again. Before he was fully down, he realized how tall Ranboo was so he just stayed where he was, around the same height as him.

"I think Ill stay here." Y/N said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." Y/N replied. "Now how can I help you?"

Ranboo stayed silent for a second and looked at the ground then looked at Y/N again.

"How much of theー thing, earlier did you hear?" He asked.

"Not much really." He shrugged. "Besides the ones you shouted."

"Fair." He chuckled. That was the first time Y/N heard and saw him somewhat happy.

They stayed silent for a while, listening to the awkward silence between them.

"So," he started after a few seconds. "How is the painting going?"

"Well, its going pretty well." Y/N looked up and pointed at it. "Just starting to paint your hand."

"Cool." He responded. Awkward silence starting once again.

"Dont you have any Princely things to do?" Y/N asked. He couldn't handle the awkward atmosphere between them. He cant just turn and leave to paint again. "You cant just stand here with me."

"And whose gonna stop me?" He replied, the playful and sassiness side of Ranboo was showing itself.

"I will." Y/N fought back, his voice shaking slightly. He is still scared of what to answer, it might tip off someone in the castle eventually.

"You?" He scoffed. "You can't even make eye contact."

As for fun, Y/N stared at the only eye he has visible and did a staring contest. Ranboo had a bored expression in his eyes, not even moving an inch. Y/N obviously gave up even before he could blink.

"Fuck." Y/N muttered.

"Are you sure you're going to make me do my Princely things?" He asked, mimicking the way Y/N said 'Princely'.

"No." He replied, climbing up the ladder and starting to paint again.

Y/N started cleaning up mistakes he made when he got jumped by Ranboo, then he realized, he is still there probably just watching. Y/N looked down and he definitely is.

"You can leave now you know." He said. "Im busy now. Go do other stuff."

"I am busy too." He replied.

"Busy with what?" Y/N asked.

"Busy watching you paint." He simply replied.

We went silent for a second. Y/N could somehow feel Ranboo smirking underneath his mask and he definitely is.

"There are more things worth spending time on than watching me paint." He said.

"But watching you turn paint to a masterpiece is fun." He replied, still defending himself.

"You can watch it from someone else."

"From whom?" He asked smugly. "Do you have recommendations?"

"Iー" Y/N just paused from what he was doing and looked at him with a 'what the fuck' face. He can see his mask shift a little, he probably has a smug smile look on his face.

This side of Ranboo surprised Y/N, he was definitely much more interactive towards her.

They continued being like this, Y/N trying to make Ranboo do other things, and him defending himself so he could stay. Y/N gets that he admires his work, but he gets tensed when he knows someone is watching him paint.

He kept on going until he had to stop and rest. He finished most of Ranboo's skin color and Philza's but in Y/N's opinion, it wouldve been finished if Ranboo wasnt there to bother the crap out of him.

"Ill go rest, Im tired already." Y/N said whilst going down the ladder.

"Careful, you might fall again." He said.

"Can you just stop?" He replied with an annoyed tone but with also a small hint of being at the edge of laughing.

"I'm just looking out for you," He shrugged and continued to be quiet. "but alright."

"Good." He got down the ladder and cleaned up after himself.

He arranged and closed the paint cans that were opened and set them aside. Ranboo was still standing there, his arms crossed and just watching Y/N move around. He looked at him, wondering what he wants.

He finished cleaning up then proceeded to head to his bed quarters, Ranboo following close by as his bed chambers were a bit near Y/N's, only a few turns away.

He kept on walking but then he just got very silent. His footsteps became very vague and he felt alone. Y/N turned around to see him still there.

"Dang, you stop stop huh?" Y/N asked. He just nodded.

"Didn't mean it like that." He muttered and continued walking.

They continued walking towards Y/N's quarters, assuming he would go to his on his own but he still followed him.

"You can go now?" Y/N said turning to him. "Your bedroom isnt here."

He just stared at Y/N. The stare making Y/N feel unease.

"What is wrong with this guy?" He thought.

They stood there for a bit not knowing what to do until he thought that he might be messing with him, possibly still bothering him.

"You can.. talk now?" Y/N said.

"Thanks." He replied then left, chuckling silently as he did so.

He turned to Y/N and walked backwards and said, "I just wanted to accompany you to your room."

"Iー" Y/N scoffed and rolled his eyes. He didnt want to admit it, but it was pretty nice. He entered his room and got ready to go to bed.

While they were standing in the hallways of the sleeping quarters, they didnt notice Niki's presence. She went out to grab a glass of water but she stopped when she spotted the both of them. She listened in and heard Ranboo tease Y/N by following him and not talking. When he allowed him to speak, he walked away.

When both of them were gone, Niki stepped out of her room and went to the kitchen, smiling to herself. She was happy to see Ranboo interact with someone for once other than the maids.