The guys in front of him start ordering and Emerson starts looking around waiting impatiently, but he then turns around and oh God.

"Well, if it isn't Nina Morgan." He says through gritted teeth.

Another asshole.

"Are you still mad over the slap I gave you?" I asked, tilting my head.

His jaw starts clenching and he grabs my arm rather roughly.

Oh boy.

Chase's POV.

I'm sitting here in the cafeteria for the first time since I arrived, I would always be in the back of the field with Nina during lunch.

Saturday was a roller coaster, not only did I got to kiss Nina and feel her soft, plump lips and the taste of her sweet mouth, but I also got played.

Fucking played by her.

She knew it was more than a 'hang out' when she kissed me back, how the fuck does she then say that she's back with her ex?

I hate to admit it, but that shit hurt- I wasn't expecting that from her. But I'm an idiot, I let myself fall for her when she loves another guy, what has his name? Dom!

That old guy who thinks Nina is his.

Now, I don't hate the guy-I have no reason to-but he pisses me off. It's crazy because he gets to have her and I don't. How could she choose a guy who left her over me? Someone who has been trying to make her life better.

"We should go to your house after school, I would love to see your bedroom," Nessa said seductively as she moved around my lap.

Is she that dumb that she can't tell I'm using her?

She dragged me into the cafeteria and sat on my lap, I couldn't say much because well, I'm doing this for a reason and that is to get back to Nina.

As far as it goes, I don't think it's working. I think I forgot the part where Nina is too careless to even acknowledge people's movements.

Earlier in the hallway, she saw me holding Nessa and I could swear I saw a hint of jealousy in her eyes, or maybe they were wishful thoughts. I felt bad for holding another girl in her presence because it just didn't feel right, but then I remembered that she didn't care when she kissed me, so why should I?

"I'm busy this whole week," I blankly said before looking around.

My eyes landed on the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. Nina, she was standing near the door and I took this as my chance. I smirked and started caressing Nessa's thigh, trying to hold back a gag.

The only skin I want to touch is Nina's- better yet- make love to her.

Nina rolls her eyes and walks towards the lunch line. Maybe this time it did bother her.

I'm 'talking' with a few of these idiots but my only focus is Nina, in the corner of my eye I see her nervous for some reason.

I stopped talking but they didn't and turned my attention towards her, after a few seconds Emerson- the guys from the other night- turned around and starts talking to her with an angry face.

What the fuck is his problem?

Whatever they're talking about makes me eager to know. Nina talks back, tilting her head to the side. Emerson then grabs her arm-it looks like he's holding her too tight.

At that point, I feel my jaw clench as my fist is getting tightened. After I see that Emerson wrapped his hand around her neck I lost it, I stand up, dropping Nessa in the process, and made my way towards them.

"Listen to yourself, you're pathetic!" I hear Nina hiss before I took Emerson by the collar, hearing a few people screaming behind me.

"Don't you touch her, piece of shit!" I said through gritted teeth as I bring him closer.

His eyes widen a bit before he had the confidence to speak again. "I could leave her alone right now, but what about the next hour? The next day? You won't be here."

I don't know what came over me but I didn't regret my choice of words.

"She's mine, she isn't alone. Now leave before I beat the shit out of you again," I gritted out, pushing him away as he hit his back against the wall and some boxes.

His jaw was twitching as he straightens himself up, throwing daggers behind me, Nina I bet.

He walks past me and I turn around making sure he leaves, but he stops beside Nina and whispers something that was loud enough for me to hear.

"Watch your back, you little bitch."

It took everything in my will to not punch him right now but I calmed myself down. Nina's eyes meet mine and for a second.

I thought she would thank me.

"Fuck you, Chase."

What the fuck?

I just saved her from that dick!

I look over at the table I was sitting and see the guys and a couple of the cheerleaders staring at me wide-eyed. Nessa's face is red from anger.

I don't have time for this shit so I took it as my cue to leave.

*********

A/N: Heyyy my loves i hope you enjoyed this chapter cause i did, hahaha don't forget to vote and share follow me for a new update!. Love🤍✨