Chapter Forty Two - Kinsley

Start from the beginning

"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow." Dane said with a forced smile.

Babe why do you look so sad? This is exactly what we all need!

"Tomorrow? I'm so excited!" I squealed.

I launched myself into Dane's chest, giddy with excitement and peppered his cheeks and neck with kisses.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love you." I said the words between kisses before turning my attention to Tyson.

Grabbing his chin, I forced his face to the side as my lips assaulted his cheek with grateful kisses.

"I love you." I said before planting one last peck on Tysons lips.

"We love you too baby."

"Holy shit, I need to go pack!"

I hopped off the couch and ran to my closet as I started to pull out clothes and shoes, holding them against my body in the mirror with an uncontrollable smile on my face.

Dane appeared in the doorway with his hands shoved deep in his pockets and his shoulders slumped.

"What do you think about this dress? Does it say New York to you?" I sassed and played, packing my bag with more excitement and joy than I'd felt in a while.

"Looks great, gorgeous." Dane said quietly...painfully.

"Tell me about the apartment, what's it like?"I asked as I held up more clothes to myself and examined them.

"It's a penthouse with incredible views and room with floor to ceiling windows that you can paint in. But most importantly, it's safe. Security cameras and key coded entries."

"I can't wait to see it."

I was practically buzzing with excitement, but Dane was far from excited. He looked...devastated. The kind of devastated that eats you from the inside and tears your soul apart.

My movements stalled and I went to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and resting my chin on his chest as I looked up at him.

"Talk to me." I said softly.

"About what?" He tried to force a smile but I could see right through it.

"About whatever is making you hurt." I said rubbing my hand over his chest where his heart resided.

Dane sighed and swallowed hard as if he was battling with himself.

"I'm okay baby. As long as I'm with you, I'm okay." He said softly as he tilted my face toward him and dropped his mouth onto mine, making long lazy passes with his tongue.

Even his kisses are sad.

I spent the entire evening packing and had three suitcases full of clothes and shoes, and one suitcase full of painting supplies that I couldn't live without.

I settled down in Dane's bed like a giddy child on Christmas Eve and felt Tyson and Dane wrap me up from either side, pinning me between them.

My favorite place to be, but why are they so tense?

Everything about them was different at the moment and I couldn't figure out why.

Dane ran his hand up my neck, threading his fingers into my hair as he kissed me deeply...slowly...savoring me as his tongue searched for mine. I arched into Dane and felt Tysons strong hands grip my waist as his mouth met the skin on my neck. Tyson wasn't aggressive, he wasn't forceful or rushed, he was...sweet. They took their time with me, tilting my head back and forth between them as they took turns devouring my mouth, making trails of gentle kisses all over my neck and shoulders. It was intimate and raw, unlike anything we'd ever done before because it wasn't sexual in nature, it was just...love.

When they were finished, we snuggled into a pile beneath the blankets, tangled together as we drifted to sleep, but my tormented mind had other plans.

Something was eating away at me and it was impossible to ignore once Dane and Tyson had fallen asleep and I was left with nothing but my thoughts.

In my experience if something feels off, it usually is, and something definitely felt off. My mind raced through every clue, every hint, every scenario until one unsettling thought burned hot through my mind.

We're leaving for the airport at 7am to move to New York for an extended period of time...and they didn't pack.