"B-but—!"

"Go feel my pulse, it's still there." Mai cut her as she pointed at her body's wrist. Masako did as Mai said and was relieved when she felt her steady pulse.

"See? I'm alive. Listen, Masako, we are going to leave this place alive. I'm sure Naru and the others are breaking their way in to save us. Dry up your tears, okay?" Mai coax her. Masako nodded and wiped the tears on her eyes. She held Mai's body tightly and look around. It's dark and she couldn't see anything. But she can feel a malicious being in the same room as them.

"Masako, I'm going to leave you for a while. I'll lead the others here, okay?"

"B-but Mai, I'm...I'm scared. I don't want to be alone.. I....I...." Masako's eyes started tearing again. Mai tried to hug her but her arms just went through.

"Shhh. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't worry I will be very quick and come back. And I'm leaving you here alone. Mr. Guardian!" Mai called out for Gene and the young man appeared beside her. Masako widened her eyes in shock to see the same face of the young CEO. She knew that Naru is looking for his twin but she never expected them to look very very similar.

"This is Gene, and as you have noticed, he's Naru's twin. He will be with until I came back. The barrier around will protect us from Urado for a while. Don't worry, okay? We will live." Mai assured her as she rummage through her pocket, forgetting that she's still in her spirit form. She brought out a key and gave it to Masako. She was busy trying to comfort the girl that she didn't see Gene's bewildered expression.

"This is the key of the house my family previously lived on. That is the place I was born. I don't remember living there but my mother would keep this as a charm. She held it very dear and now she gave it to me. Hold unto this and remember this promise. I promise that we will all leave this place alive. All our friends will escape this place. Okay? I'll treat you something once we get out of here. Hhm?"

"O-Okay. I'll wait. We will live. Okay." Masako answered and calm herself. She held unto the key that Mai gave her and repeatedly nodded.

"Good girl. Close your eyes and don't open them until I'm back. No matter what you hear and feel, don't open them. Talk to Mr. Guard— Gene if you're scared. He will answer. I will be back." Mai said and stood up. She look at Gene and nodded.

She ran away passing through wall to wall. She can see the will-o'-the-wisps around the place. They are scattered around the mansion and they're too many to count. She gasped at the sight of Atsugi-san and Suzuki-san's body piled up in one corner of the room beside the execution room. They are covered in blood and their heads are separated from their bodies. Mai run towards the other room and saw a set of skeletons arranged in shelves. The whole room is full of shelves fill with skeletons. They were shown like trophies that was worth bragging.

"Those demons!"

Anger bubbled inside Mai's heart. She couldn't believe what she just saw. She suppressed his anger and passed through walls again. She looks around to search for Naru and the group. At a distance, she saw them tearing down a wall. She run towards them, ignoring the pain in her head. Using the same trick she used in Masako, she pulled all the threads she saw coming from their bodies and called out in a very loud voice.

"NARU!"

-oOo-

"I-Im sorry! I'm so sorry! I couldn't—"

"Shut up!" Naru yell at the three while they apologize to him. He's very angry. Not just at his exorcists but also on himself. He shouldn't left her!