Five

Andy approaches the hole, Nick and I blocking his path protectively. Johnny watches him, emotionless and unfeeling.

"HE IS SIXTEEN YEARS OLD! YOU'RE KILLING A CHILD YOU MONSTER!" Nick shouts, his voice ripped hoarse with emotion. Others protest angrily, their hands gripping Andy's shoulders and preventing him moving any closer to his sacrificial fate. 

 Chris sinks to his knees, gripping his mask and pulling it off clean. His eyes are fully black. Vision has taken over. He speaks, but his voice is not his normal Australian drawl. It's the same robotic female voice in as the one in our heads.

"Let him go. He will survive the fall."

Something is wrong. 

 The others shrink away from both Andy and Chris. Chris appears to be fighting an invisible demon, trying to stand, whilst an unknown force holds him down, clamping his mouth shut. He pupils dilate and contract from normal to black at an alarming rate. 

Johnny regains his composure, and nods to Andy. Andy mock-salutes, before pushing his palms against each other in one last prayer. For life, or death? His motives are not shown through his actions. He takes one last look at me, and his motives are clear.

"Fuck you, 020."

And he steps back, silently falling down the hole. I run to the edge of the gap, watching him disappear into the darkness. Ten seconds of silence pass. Nothing stirs.

Two minutes of silence. Still no sound of his landing. Chris gasps, regaining control of his body once more, and bursts into thick heavy sobs. I stare at him, unnerved by the sight of his tears. 

Then a faint crunch echoes up the column.

Candidate 015 was eliminated

 Peter slams his fist against the floor, overcome with emotion. Andy's fate was supposed to be reserved for him alone. Whether the other just cannot see the reason behind his turmoil or just can't believe the event that just happened, I can't tell. 

 Johnny, although visibly shaken, draws his attention to the revived Harry. Harry, his face covered in dressings, scrambles away from Johnny, who seizes his shoulder and presses the barrel of the gun against his head. 

"You touch him and I will blow YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!" Mark growls, aiming Chris's crossbow at Johnny. This is the angriest I've ever seen the usually laid back Canadian. Like Mark, James has also drawn his knife, the point edging into the back of Johnny's neck.

"Put the gun down, Johnny," James orders, his voice icy with anger. 

Johnny releases Harry, kicking him aside. Taro drags him away from the brewing conflict. As if in bitter surrender, Johnny throws the gun at Chris, not with the intent to be caught but to hurt him. I catch it deftly, sliding on the safety grip. 

"I'm just trying to do my fucking job!" Johnny raises his voice, whipping around to face James, drawing his own knife.

"And what's that?" James asks, his voice calm but threatening. Johnny pulls up his sleeve, revealing his 'WARRIOR' tattoo, triumphant. 

"You're supposed to kill monsters not your team!" Jacob snaps, frustrated.

"I'M SUPPOSED TO PROTECT YOU ALL FROM EVERYTHING!"

"FROM MONSTERS, NOT OURSELVES! That's God's decision, not your-" Jaemin begins, but Johnny interrupts him.

"YOU SERIOUSLY THINK, AFTER ALL THE SHIT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH, THAT GOD IS ON OUR SIDE?! THAT HE HASN'T FUCKING ABANDONED US, IF HE EVEN EXISTED AT ALL!"

"Johnny, the tattoos don't mean shit. Charlie was a murderer, yet his tattoo said 'HERO'. Don't judge a book by its cover." I say slowly. Chris watches me in horror, as I reveal the secret.

The room is silent, as I pronounce my final question.

"Are you a murderer, Johnny?"