( 2. ) Azazil

OC BY ALEKSANDR_GETS_HIGH
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
NOTES
July 21, 2021: the information is kinda all over the place, but is still clear enough to read. I'll fix this later.

WARNINGS
Slight mention of depression and suicidal behaviour.
Warnings have been chosen by the author (me).
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

UNIVERSE: This universe is my original creation. It's heavily based on Judeo-Christian Gnosticism and demonology. There are five locations in this story: First Heaven (where good souls reside), Second Heaven (aka Hell), Third Heaven (home of the angels and God), Purgatory, and Earth.

I really like this universe! I haven't seen one similar to this before, and Christianity and Judaism mix well with each other, since Christianity originated from Judaism. Since both are well known religions, most will also have an idea of how this universe and the beings living here look like. The locations make sense too. Well done!

PLOT: a failed seraph named Azazil acts as a "Charon" by rowing souls fresh out of Purgatory to First Heaven. 

So I did some research, and turns out that Charons come from Greek mythology. However, Azazil isn't fully Charon, and only does a similar job to them that fits great in the story. Very creative! Love it!

However, be careful not to mix too many cultures, since this universe revolves around Christianity and Judaism.

One day, while he helps the souls settle into First Heaven and gives them all a tour, he hears the sounds of a seraph, Seraphiel, chastising another seraph for having a passionless voice. Before he knows what is happening, Azazil flies all the way to Third Heaven. Even though he is blind and has no reason to go, his impulses take over and he arrives in front of the entrance. 

I think this part is missing a few things. First off, Seraphiel is the leader of the seraphs, so what would he be doing in First Haven? And when Azazil hears a Seraphiel chastising another seraph, how did Azazil fly all the way to Third Haven? This scene is very random and confusing, so hopefully you'll fix it.

One way to fix this scene, is that some angel/seraph/etc flew up to Azazil, asking him to come with them. They both flew to Third Haven, where the other being then led Azazil to the entrance gates, telling the guards a fake story about how Azazil pleaded to return to Third Haven. The guards then threw Azazil down into Second Haven, not wanting the failure to come back.

(The next paragraph is mixed with the one above.)

He is blocked by two cherubim guarding the entrance. Since he was disallowed from entering due to his past failure, the cherubim unceremoniously hurled him down to Second Heaven. However, he was not stripped of his title as an angel; the cherubim simply threw him too far down.

Azazil sustained many injuries and went into a temporary coma. When he woke up, a demon named Asta took care of him. Azazil was determined to go back to Purgatory's highest level and continue his task; however, in his current state, he was not able to.

As a result of his failure and the accidental fall to Second Heaven, Azazil's guilt and shame increased tenfold. While he had entered into a depression after his failure, it only worsened after the accidental fall. He started being alert at all times, looking for one of God's messengers in fear that they would come to punish him. Nightmares with prominent details from the incidents would frequently come. Anything that reminded him of them would cause Asta refuse to show Azazil the way, not because of his physical injuries, but because of his mental health. Asta hated how much emphasis Azazil put on being God's perfect angel, as if the high expectations mattered more than his own happiness. Asta tried his best to help Azazil overcome his problems, and Azazil helped Asta in return.