CHAPTER 63: TWO WEEKS

LALISA

"Lali." Nurse Wendy called my attention, which made me look at her.

We are currently here on the rooftop, eating our lunch since there are a lot of people in the hospital cafeteria.

"Why?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Your marriage will be in five months now; how do you feel?" She asked, which made me furrow my eyebrow a bit.

Nurse Wendy is actually already married to a certain girl named Park Sooyoung, or Joy, and she is working as a chemist.

I took a bite of my sandwich first and answered, "Nervous and excited."

"You know marriage can be hard." Nurse Wendy stated, which made Seulgi and I stare at her in curiousity.

"What do you mean?" Seulgi asked this time.

"It is a serious matter; you need to manage your career and your family. You need to balance your time; you should always give them time even though you are busy here at the hospital." She said, and we understand what she was trying to say.

Seulgi let out a sigh. "To be honest, when I got married to Irene, everything was pretty normal until we both became busy. We sometimes cancelled our dates at the last minute because of work; thankfully, we haven't had kids yet, or else it might turn into an argument." 

"Jennie Kim is a CEO, and she is leading the whole Kim Empire, which occupies most of her time while you are on duty here at the hospital. She can't ditch all her work because of her responsibilities, and you can't ditch patients because of the life-and-death situation." Nurse Wendy approached me and patted my shoulder. She was looking at me with a small smile plastered on her face.

I guess she was giving me a heads-up about what might happen in my marriage life, and I should prepare myself for that.

"You shouldn't handle so many patients, since you can't save all patients even though you are very smart. You should only handle at least ten patients; don't accept any patient that is given to you by your sunbaenims. There are a lot of doctors and staff here at the hospital; our sunbaenims giving you so many patients is because you never refused to them, so they take advantage of you. Same as you, Seulgi, you should take care of your wife, Irene." She gave as advice as our senior here in the hospital and someone who already has experience in marriage.

"Roger that, Captain." We saluted, which earned a chuckle from her.

"Aren't you two supposed to go home?" She asked us, and we nodded in response. "Go home or fetch your wife and fiancee. I'll be taking care of your patients since my wife is on a conference."

"That's a great idea, Nurse Wendy." I told her, bumping her fist.

"We'll be going now." Seulgi informed her, and she nodded.