Chapter 10: Feelings

Mariko's POV

After what happened yesterday Itachi and I went back to our homes and to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping and the sun's light tickling my face. Everything was so warm and comfy.

I got up from my bed and went to do my daily morning routine. That means, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, took a quick shower and dressed in my usual clothes. I should buy some new ones... Well, later. I decided to visit Naruto today. After all, he is my godbrother and I'm sure people kind of hate him because of the whole Kyuubi thing...

I was walking to the streets of Konoha, to Naruto's house. Surprisingly, I bumped into Itachi.

"Good morning, Itachi." I said and gave him an closed eye smile.

"Good morning, sweety." he said as he gave me a peck on the lips and hugged me. I hugged him too. I was so happy that we were finally together He was such a nice and kind person.

"Where are you going?" He asked wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I was going to visit my godbrother, Naruto." I said cuddling near him.

"The kyuubi boy, huh?" He said. But he was different. He didn't show hatred or fear. He showed pity and affection. That's why I like him so much.

"Yeah... Want to come?" I asked.

"Sure. Let's go."

******************************************
Later we arrived at Naruto's house. I knocked on the door and it was opened by a little boy with spiky blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. Those eyes held endless pain in them. Pain. Loneliness. Hatred. That's all he felt. Poor boy. He held his head down, not wanting to look in my eyes.

"Who is it?" He asked, his head still down and a sad and confused expression on his face.

When I saw him, I couldn't resist the urge to hug him. I dropped to my knees and hugged him so tight. His eyes widened in shock. I'm sure he was surprised because I guess not many people com to visit him NOR hug him.

A few seconds later I pulled away with watery eyes and a wide smile. I could tell that he was more than shocked.

"Who are you?!" He asked surprised. He couldn't have been cuter, I swear.

"Naruto... You're my godbrother." I said this with a smile on my face as I hugged him again. His eyes widened larger, if it's possible.

"Your... Godbrother?!" He said surprised.

"Then... that means you know my parents?!" He asked surprised again. I didn't know if to say the truth or lie. I looked towards Itachi for an answer He nodded. I agree with him. Naruto needs someone with him now. If he ever finds out I lied he won't forgive me.

"I do, Naruto." I said and a smile creeped onto his face. He was so kawaii!! He even hugged me back! I swear I saw Itachi chuckle at the scene.

"Ne, Naruto. Do you want to go eat something?" I said tickling him. He nodded, laughing.

*****************************************
We were on Konoha's streets towards Ichiraku's. Itachi was giving Naruto a piggy-back ride and for once, Naruto was smiling. I knew he was a jinchuuriki. I was one too, but people didn't treat me like one because they didn't know. I was holding Itachi's hand.

We were like a family. We were happy. Naruto started to call us Mama and Papa. He didn't know who Itachi was, he knew he was my boyfriend and he liked him.

I heard some women whisper something, staring at Naruto.

"Oh my kami what popr souls. I tgink they were paid to stay with him. I'm so sorry for them." The first one said.