Chapter 6: Birthday

Mariko's POV

The next morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Wait, what...?! Pancakes?! Mom only makes pancakes on my birthday! Oh, right. It's my birthday today! I forgot!

I went downstairs, not bothering to change out of my pj's. I rushed the stairs, missing some of them and almost tripping. The smell was intensifying. I ran to the kitchen and then to the cooker.

"Pancakes!!!" I walked next to mom and stole one of the pancakes.
"Morning, sweety. Happy birthday!" She said as she hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Take a sit, I'll make you a special breakfast."

"Arigato, okaa-san!"

I sat down at the table and mom brought me a plate full of pancakes with maple syrup.

Itachi's POV

"Itachi! Can you come down here a little?" I heard my mom screaming from downstairs.

"Coming, mother!" I screamed back as I put on a shirt and headed downstairs.

"What is it, mother?"

"Itachi, your father and I have to go to an important meeting, can you take care of Sasuke?"

"Sorry, mother. Lord Hokage asigned me a mission today. I will be back around around the afternoon."

"It's okay! I have a friend that might be able to take care of him. She was a good friend of Obito's."

"You mean your girlfriend?" Little Sasuke decided to join by teasing me.

"She's not my girlfriend." I exclaimed trying to hold on both my blush and anger.

"...Yet." He said while both he and mother started chuckling.

"Mother!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry, Itachi."

" I'll go ask her. Oh, by the way mother. Do we have any flowers? It's her birthday today, I don't want to go just like that."

"Tch. Yeah, right...." Sasuke pouted.

Third POV

Mariko just started eating when the door bell rang. Her mother went to check it. She opened the door, revealing no other than Itachi, holding a beautiful bouquet of red roses.
"Itachi? What brings you here?" Tsunade asked surprised, mostly by the red roses he carried.

"Good morning, ma'am. I'm sorry to bother you, but can I talk to your daughter a little?" He asked, bowing with respect.

"Sure. Sweety! Come here a little please!" She screamed towards the kitchen and he could hear quiet footsteps coming. Hanging by the door portrait was a beautiful Mariko with her new pajama dress her mother and father bought her. The main problem was... that dress revealed more than it was supposed to. It came up to her hips and it was transparent enough to reveal her undergarments.

Mariko's POV

I rushed towards the door where mother was, not realising that I was still in that dress. I was hanging by the door portrait and looked at the person outside.

"I-Itachi?!" She blushed crimson actually realising what she was wearing. And let's not forget she was still in front of her crush.

"Well, I'll let you two talk." Mom said as she walked away, giggling.

"W-what are you doing here?!" I said as I was trying to cover my parts with my hands and hair. I wasn't really succesful though. Itachi did see me.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you a few things..."

"Um... Sure, come inside." We both went inside, me still trying to cover myself up.

"Would you mind waiting a little while I change, please?" I said sheepishly as I turned my head to the side, trying to hide my blush.

"Not at all; go change." He said smirking a little.

"Thanks." I gave him a quick smile and rushed upstairs, putting on the first things I found: a white long sweater with collar and black leggings. I rushed downstairs, skipping a few stairs again.
I jogged towards the sofa and took a sit next to him.

"So, what is it you wanted to ask me?"

"Well, first, happy birthday!" He said and gave me the beautiful bouquet of roses he had been holding.

"Thanks! These are beautiful!" I said as I turned to smell the roses. Their smell was so nice, I wanted to bathe in their scent.

"And, actually, I wanted to ask you a favor..." I snapped my head towards him with curious eyes.

"Sure. What is it you need?"

"Well, my parents have an important meeting now and I have a mission so we need someone to watch over my little brother... And I was wandering if you could do it?" He stared at me with pleading eyes.

"I'd love to! I like spending time with kids. Sasuke, wasn't it?"

"Yeah... Thanks a lot, I should be back at around the afternoon."

"No problem. When do I have to come?" I asked. It didn't bother me to spend my birthday like this. Sasuke seemed like a cute little kid back then.

"Well, I'm supposed to be leaving soon, so if we could go now it should be perfect. My mother wants to see you."

"Okay, let me get some water for this flowers and we can leave." I put the bouquet in a vase with water and salt and I wrote a note for my mother telling her where I'm going.

This is going to be interesting... I wander how Itachi's brother is really like... And I'll also meet his parents...
_______________________________________

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote if you did, we, authors really appreciate it! Have s nice day, everyone!
~LMO & LMW