Chapter 1: Leaving

A/N: We're gonna start this chapter when she was about 4 years old so we explain about the training she had with her parents and blah, blah, blah. This chapter is going to be short. However, starting from chapter 2 the chapters are gonna be longer( hopefully xD) and starting from the second one she will be 13.

Mariko's POV

It was a lovely Spring morning. The sun was shining, birds were chirping and the camp was full of flowers and greenery.
To be honest, Konohagakure (Hidden Leaf Village) was always nice, no matter the season.

I was playing with my best friend, Rin(As in Kakashi's team). We were playing tag in the open field. That was, until my mother came.

"Sweetheart, it's time for lunch! Riri you come too!"

With that Rin and I headed to my house. A HUGE house. Saying that every room was oversized was an underestimation.

Once we got there we went to the dining room and sat in our usual spots.
"Okaa-san, what did you cook today?" I asked really curious because she makes something different each time.
"We are going to have ramen today! And I am well aware that you don't really like ramen, but your father wanted some so you'll have to eat. But I also made you something special to put up with it." She smirked at the last part. Hn. I'm sure it's dango, it always is.

It's not that I don't like ramen or something, but I'd rather eat something else. She gave us little bowls of ramen and we started slurping the noodles right away. After we were done, and I have to admit it took like 2 minutes since we were hungry, okaa-san pulled a bag out of a cupboard. Bingo. What did you think it was? Of course, it was dango. She gave us one stick for each and we ate them in a jinky( yes, that's a word).

*A few hours later*

"Bye Riri!"
My mother and I were waving Riri goodbye after a few hours of playing tag and hide & seek.

After Riri was out of view, okaa-san called me in the living room to come to her and otou-san. She signaled me to sit on the sofa next to her.
"Sweetheart, I think it is about time you should start your training."
"Um, okay. What kind of training?" I had absolutely NO idea what kind of training I could possibly have.
"Well, your father and I will exchange turns in training you. You will first travel with me 3 years, then 3 years with your father. We are going to leave tomorrow. So, meet your friends and say goodbye to them, also stay with daddy because you aren't going to see him for long."
"Is Shizune-nee-chan coming?" I asked. I liked Shizune-nee-chan, she is like my sister.
"Yes, she will be coming too."
"Yay! Finally something to do while you drink sake and gamble..." I said cheering.
To be honest, I could see a tick vein forming on her head, but she still smirked.
"Gomen, gomen, I'm going to tell Riri, Kakashi and Obito that I'm not going to see them for long...." I said this while I pouted.
"Okay, but be here before noon." Moms. Always the same...
"Hai, hai, got it!" I said while smiling and heading for the door.
I climbed up the Hokage Mountains so I can see where my best friends are. I quickly located Kakashi and Rin, they were together, which is normal since Rin likes Kakashi, but he... Doesn't... Poor girl...

____________________________________

A/N: When we say jumped we mean ninja style usually, but you can understand I hope.
____________________________________

I jumped to where they were and landed in front of them. I saw Kakashi with his back at Riri and she was trying to get to stay with him.
"Mariko?" They both asked when I landed in front of them.
"Hey Riri-chan, Kakashi-kun!"
"What are you doing here, Mariko-chan?" Rin asked more surprised than I thought and a little jealousy in her voice.
"Well, I wanted to say goodbye to you two."
The sadness in my voice when I said that was unmeasurable.
"What do you mean? Are you leaving?!" This conversation was mostly between Rin and I but I could see that Kakashi cared too.
"I will be leaving for 6 years. My parents want to travel and train with me. I'll be back, I promise."
"I'll miss you so much!" Rin started crying.
"I'll miss you too, Riri-chan!" I was crying too but a grin still made its way to my face.
"Bye, Riri-chan, Kakashi-kun!"
"Goodbye, Mariko-chan!" This was both of them.

After I said goodbye to them I headed for Obito, in the part of the village where the Uchihas live. I located Obito talking to a boy around our age. I must admit, even though he was around 4-5 he still was handsome. That's right. He is the son of the head of the village, Fugaku. His name is Itachi.
I walked up to Obito, he could see me, but Itachi couldn't, I was walking towards them.

Obito's POV

I was talking with Itachi about Mariko. I like Mariko and I was telling Itachi about her and why I like her so he could help me.
"Hmm... I don't really know how to help you... I still don't know enough about her..."
"Obito!" I heard a scream and I immediatly recognised who she was.
"Mariko-chan?" I screamed louder than I expected. I also caught Itachi's atention because he also turned around. I saw Mariko standing front of us, her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.
"What are you doing here, Mariko-chan?" I was quite surprised because I've never seen her here. I hope she didn't overhear us...

Itachi's POV

I was trying to answer Obito, but just then, I heard someone scream his name, a girl. He screamed back. Apparently it was the girl he liked. I turned around to see her. I must admit, I now know why Obito likes her. She's... beautiful. Her looks were amazing but I could see sadness in her eyes.
"What are you doing here, Mariko-chan?" Obito asked curiously.
Mariko looked away, sad, a small pout forming on her lips.
"I-I'm l-leaving..." She whispered quietly. In that moment I knew Obito's heart broke.
"What?!" Obito said wide-eyed, sadness lingering in his voice."W-why are you l-leaving, Mariko-chan?!"
"My parents want to travel and train me along the years so I can be a good shinobi when I'm older. But I'll be back! I will travel 3 years with my mother and 3 with my father."
She was broken too. I don't think she liked Obito that way, but it was obvious that they were good friends.
"But that's 6 years! That's way too much, Mariko-chan!"
"I'm so sorry! But my parents decided..."
"Goodbye, Mariko-chan! I'll miss you!"
He said as he pulled her into a tight hug; she hugged back.
"I'll miss you too, Obito-kun!" She actually started crying. As they pulled back from the hug she wiped her tears away, but to no avail; tears started pouring again.
"So you are Mariko, right?" She nodded slightly."Hmm, I heard really much about you." To be honest, I wanted to embarrass Obito a little, but if she never knows he likes her she will never give him a chance.
"Really?" She looked surprised; of course.
"Yeah, Obito talks about you a lot." They both blushed at this statement and Obito gave me a death glare.
"Well, you must be Itachi-san, the son of the main family, is that right?"
"Yes, indeed."
"Well, it was nice meeting you, Itachi-san, and I'll see you again after 6 years, Obito-kun! Goodbye!"

Mariko's POV

Along the years mom taught me medical jutsu and how to put chakra in punches and kicks.

Dad taught me many ninjutsus and some taijutsus, sage mode and summoning. Since I am their daughter I can summon Katsuya AND the toads. Lucky me!

A/N: We hope you enjoyed the first chapter, for some of you it might seem short, for the others it might seem long... Well, this was the first one, the next one will start with her being 13.
~LMO & LMW