Chapter 9: Together

Mariko's POV

We were going to go back to KOnoha, but we were both so depressed. I decided I would transport ourselves at the entrance of mom's office.

We knocked on the door and we heard a mumbled 'enter'. I slowly opened the door, trying to hide my sadness. I failed. Mom saw me.

"Sweety, what's wrong?" she asked, obviously worried.

"Shisui is.... Shisui is... no longer..." I whispered as I burst into tears. Itachi just had a sad expression, not allowing himslef to cry. Huh. Uchiha pride I guess. No Uchiha allows themselves to cry. Mom came towards us and hugged us both.

"What happened?!" she asked. "Was it Ameyuri?!" She asked angry.

"No... We didn't find Ameyuri... But... someone came for Shisui. "

"Who is this someone?! I'm gonna rip their head off.!" Mom yelled as she puched the wall, obviously without chakra, but was still close to making a hole.

"I'm afraid you can't, mom" she looked at me suspicously.

"The person that killed Shisui... was.... Danzo..." mom's eyes widened in shock.

"What?! Get me sake! Fast!" she said and I brought two bottles of sake from my scroll. Itachi looked at me suspiciously and sweatdropped. "Why the hell do you have sake?!" he whispered.

"Mostly for situations like this..." I said and sweatdropped too at mom. She already drank 10 bottles in 5 minutes. At least she calmed down... I thought.

"Mom... I'll go for a walk..." I said and left the room. I was soon followed by Itachi. when we were at the exit of the building he hugged me tight. My eyes widened in surprise, but I hugged him back. I knew he needed it too. We stayed there for quite some time until he pulled away and stared at me with sad eyes. He smirked a little. I just stared. I didn't know whether to say anyhting or not. My thoughts werre soon interrupted.

"Mariko... I need to tell you something." He said as he kept staring at me. I looked at him curiously.

"You said something while you were sleeping today..." He said. Oh my kami! I hope I didn't say something stupid like I love him or somthing. I was so wrong...

"You said you love... me." He said and I started blushing hardly I turned my head to the side and scratching the back of my neck.

"I did, huh? Well, I ha-" I was cut off as his soft, warm lips smashed against mine.He was holding my face in his hands and kissing me passionately. My eyes widened in shock again. Huh, I didn't think it would be this way when he found out... I thought, relieved. I teleported us on the top of the Hokage Mountains since I didn't want anyone to pop in on us, especially mom.

He pulled away looking in my eyes. He smiled widely looking in my turquoise eyes. I just blushed bright red and didn't know what to say.

"Mariko... Would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked calmly as he was looking me into the eyes.

I just blanked out and nodded fast. I was still shocked. He went and hugged me from behind, resting his chin on my head I smiled too and entwined my fingers with his. It felt so nice. Finally, I'm together with the one I love.

"Want to go and get some dango?" he asked looking down at me. I raised my head to look him in the eyes and nodded in acceptance. Then we both walked towards the dango shop.

_______________________________

A/N: We're sooo sorry! This chapter is short, but it happened! I promise the next one will be longer, but we just couldn't fit the next moment here. Hope you liked it!

~LMO & LMW