Chapter Five

-Third Person point of view-

Lilith ran her fingers across the bookshelves which lined the walls of the tower library. She had never seen so many books in one placed and she gazed in awe at the sight. There was even a fireplace and red plump sofas along with a few tables. Lilith's finger stopped on the book she had been looking for the last ten minutes, 'Harry Potter'. She grabbed the first book in the series, 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', and plopped onto the couch and began to read.

~~~

Hours passed and the sun began to set. Lilith had nearly finished the book with a single chapter left, she read the last page as someone entered the library.

"Lilith, dinner is ready if you're hungry. Vision and I decided to cook Paprikash" She snapped her eyes towards the Scarlet Witch. Lilith paused before answering her. She couldn't tell if she was actually offering or not, it had been a while since Lilith had had something offered to her. In the asylum she got either nothing or bread and water and before that, crumbs. "Lilith, are you coming?"

"Uh yeah! Sorry I was lost in my book..." Lilith plastered on a wide smile and followed Wanda out of the library.

"Sometimes I forget we even have a library, what were you reading?" Wanda asked.

"Harry Potter, it's one of my favourites. It's like an escape from this dull reality, my comfort book" Lilith explained. The books filled with magic and chaos really were a world she wished she could escape to. "I've loved them ever since I lived in-" Lilith stopped herself before she could finish the sentence.

"Ever since what?" Wanda asked curiously looking at Lilith in fascination.

"Nothing don't worry about it" Lilith put on a smile for Wanda and tapped Wanda's cheek lightly. Wanda couldn't help but feel concerned, Natasha had told her about what Lilith had said earlier, about never having a proper room but rather a cell.

"Well, if you ever find a way to escape this universe, please by all means, take me with you" Wanda joked trying to lighten the mood. 

The two girls laughed as they walked into the dining room where everyone was chatting waiting for them. Pietro zoomed around the room setting down plates and cutlery, almost knocking one of vases over in the process.

"Pietro be careful! Pepper will kill me if you break another one of her vases!" Tony yelled at Pietro who mocked him. Everyone sat at the table and began to eat their food and talk. Lilith sat between Wanda and Peter at the left end of the table and they began to eat the food. It smelt delicious, as if heaven was on a plate and it tasted like it too.

"Holy shit! This is the best food I've ever had!" Lilith cried out eating more of her food. It had been the best thing she had ate in her entire life.

"Language!" Steve yelled. Lilith rolled her eyes and continued to eat her food quickly but every now and then she would glance behind her as if something was going to grab her at any moment. One of the nervous habits she couldn't help. Bucky looked at the girl worried and furrowed his eyebrows. It seemed like she hadn't ate in days, looking at her figure now she did seem a bit too skinny and jumpy.

"Lilith you know your safe here, right? You don't have to eat so fast and keep checking behind you" Bucky said in a soothing voice looking at the girl worried. He knew what it was like to be in a new place surrounded by people he didn't know. Lilith looked up at the man confused and tilted her head.

"I know that... this food is just the best thing I have ever had in my life, I haven't had a decent meal in YEARS." Lilith said continuing to eat.

"What do you mean 'decent meal in years?' What did they feed you at the asylum?" Tony asked putting his fork down. The whole team stopped their conversations to listen to her and figure out what the hell she was talking about. 

"Oh no the Asylum food was just bland. I was talking about the- never mind" Lilith stopped herself from talking an averted her eyes from the table.

"Lady Lilith what are you talking about?" Thor asked the woman with a worried look in his eyes. In a strange way Thor felt the need to protect the younger Avengers, Wanda, Pietro, Peter, his brother Loki of course, and now Lilith. In a strange way she reminded him of Loki even if she wasn't completely sane, but who was?

"Nothing it doesn't matter" Lilith said firmly not looking at the god. It amazed Peter how quickly her modd had changed. Early she was bubbly, happy and now she seemed closed off and cold.  Everyone at the table was looking at the girl, even Loki had torn his eyes away from his food now looking at Lilith. He saw the concentration and slight fear on her face.

"Lilith" Steve said strongly. "You're apart of the team now, you gotta open up some time."

"Fine then Captain. I was talking about where I really grew up, not that shitty asylum. A hydra base" everyone looked at Lilith horrified, Bucky's heart dropped a little, memories coming back all at once. "From the moment I was born that's where I grew up and you can guess it wasn't the best. How do you think I got my powers in the first place?"

"You were also experimented on by Hydra too?" Pietro asked with a soft look on his face.

"I didn't have a choice, the man who experimented on me was a terrible man and I-" Lilith hesitated before continuing. Her eyes flickered to Peter and decided to spare the gruesome details. "I got my revenge, on him and six other Hydra scientist who did this to me." Natasha's face lit up in realisation.

'The seven people she murdered; they were Hydra '.

This whole time she talked she kept her façade, that smile, those bright lit up eyes. Loki tried to look past it and get inside her head but he couldn't, it made him frustrated and irritated. Why must his powers fail him now? 

"After I... got my revenge... I escaped and found a nearby town. I tried to get help, but everyone thought I was insane. Especially when I told them I was starting to see people who weren't really there. Hell, I wouldn't blame them!" Lilith let out a chuckle. The Avengers looked at her with anguish and sorrow. "Then they threw me into that bloody asylum and then I really lost my mind! And that's my story ladies and gentlemen, goodnight" Lilith stood up in her seat and did a bow to her 'audience'.

She jumped back into her seat and continued to eat her meal. Everyone sat quiet but the silence was deafening. Peter got up from his seat next to Tony and walked over to Lilith. He laid his hand on her shoulder but instantly Lilith flinched away and gripped her fork tight, aiming it at the spider. She felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment. He was a child, he couldn't hurt her, why did she react like that? Was it reliving those horrid memories, finally opening up? Peter carefully rested his hand on hers.

"It's okay Lilith, you have us now, you're safe" Peter gave Lilith an awkward and adorable smile. She felt her heart swell with warmth. She held Peter's hand and nodded her head.

"Thanks Parker..."

-Tom Holland-

-Tom Holland-

I started collecting the Marvel FunkoPops - the first three I want to collect are my magic trio Wanda, Stephen and Loki.

~ Lilly <3