Chapter 68

Thanks a lot nocitylikecuriosityFor these beautiful character aesthetics

For these beautiful character aesthetics.

Siddharth's POV

It was morning and Shruti was tensed since yesterday. I tried to distract her but I knew that she would not be at ease till she goes to meet her parents.

Though she was feeling better after we all decided how to break the news to her parents, still she was very anxious.

She was very happy that my family accepted her with open arms but sad that her family might not even talk to her.

I felt guilty for putting her through this ordeal but at least she would be safer now as they can't get her married now.

She kept smiling all the time but I knew what was going on in her mind.

I took her in my arms and cuddled her to sleep. I just woke up and saw that she was not in the room. 

I got ready and went out to find her having tea with mom and dad, I joined them.

*******

We were standing outside her home but she was getting very anxious. So I put an arm around her and told her that everything will be fine.

She was not wearing any such thing which could indicate that she was already married. I nodded at her and she was about to press the doorbell. But all of a sudden, a girl, who resembled Shruti, opened the door as she seemed to be going out. She was looking upset.

" Shruti!! Thank God, you have come. Talk to papa, he doesn't listen to me. I don't know what has Nihal said to him but now papa does not want me to go to stores. You know, I am enjoying it. It distracts my mind from all the other things. I don't want to reconcile with my husband, but papa is after me. "  She was so annoyed that she did not even realise that I was also there.

" Calm down, Kriti... meet Siddharth !"

"  Siddharth ?? Do you mean, your boyfriend?  " She looked at me in shock.