Chapter 16

Siddharth's POV

" You have the recording of that conversation? Where? " Bhai asked her. She smiles and touched her forehead and said, " Here.. "

" So you lied??? With so much confidence?? "  Bhai asked.

" Correction Mr Doctor, I acted with so much confidence. I was acting, In fact, I had forgotten my phone at home that day... That is why I was personally going to call both of them."

" Oh god, Bhai !! Just never mess with this woman. You must be the best actress in the world. The best actress award goes to Maurvi... " I said with a big grin and we all laughed

" Let's go and have food, I am really hungry. " Bhai said.

" No, I am going home, you both go for your date. I just want to go and sleep. "

" But it is lunchtime have lunch then go... " Maurvi said but I refused and went home.

Shruti's POV

I was so annoyed with him, why does he keep bothering me?? He left in the middle of the trip but his friends kept bothering me.

I was enjoying my Holi party so much. But he came there as well. How dare he behave as if everything was normal??

Nothing was normal...  He was still flirting with girls. Then why was he behaving as if he cared for me??

He was pleading with me to talk to him and all of a sudden one of the girls, he was playing Holi with, came running.

She said something about someone called Maurvi... And he was shocked and worried. He almost forgot that just a minute ago, he was pleading with me to talk to him.

Was she so important to him??  It seemed she was. But then why was he after me now??

Does he think that I am so stupid??

Ughhh... I hate him. 

No, please stop lying to yourself.   You like him...

Liked him... Now I hate him. I was an idiot back then. I had an idea that he was a rich brat and flirt. But he behaved so well those days that I thought maybe... Just maybe, I was wrong.

He helped me with a group of my seniors who were misbehaving with us in the name of friendly ragging. He scolded them for being their senior. And once those boys left he also turned on his heels and left even before we could thank him.

I felt a bit embarrassed about my behaviour that day. I had been quite harsh with him. But he didn't want to talk to me now.

He helped me many times over the next two years........ Once I wanted some information on a particular subject, I was looking for the material in the library, he took out 4 books inserted the bookmarks in them and placed them in front of me and again he left before I could say anything or even react.

I also got to know that he was the topper. He topped his every term. So I was wrong in assuming that he was not serious about his career.

Another time I needed some help in some practical as I was not present when it was done in the class. So I asked the particular doctor to explain it to me. He asked me to come to his cabin later on and when I was about to go and meet him.  A senior girl came and advised me not to go as the reputation of that doctor was not at all good.

The girl explained to me what I wanted to know. I was surprised at her behaviour as I didn't even know her.

I asked her, how did she know what I wanted to know and that I was going to meet that doctor?? But she didn't tell me anything and just said that someone requested her to help me.