Chapter 56

Siddharth's POV

It was their wedding day.  Other ceremonies were going on at both homes.

Finally, it was time for the wedding. Bhai got ready and dad told me to get ready too. I nodded but I was still thinking about her.

Gupta uncle had invited Shruti's parents for the wedding and her father said that they would come. I wanted to get married to my angry bird now. If her father would come to know about that party night, he would be mad at us.

I tried to call her but she did not pick up the call. I was upset but I had to get ready, so I went for that.

Bhai looked like a handsome king in the traditional outfit which was a  Sherwani dress. My family was very happy. I was very happy too but I wanted my girl here with me.  All my friends were also here along with bhai's friends.

Parth, Bharat and Mayank were asking me about her but I didn't know why she was not here till now. I kept waiting for her but she didn't come.

The wedding was a grand affair and everything went very well. After the ceremony, we all came back to the bungalow we had hired here.

After all the rituals, Bhai and Maurvi were sent to their room. I was upset like anything. I wanted to talk to her but she was not picking up the phone. 

Anyways, bhai had asked me to do some arrangements so I did everything he asked me to. It was the early morning just before dawn.

Bhai came out of the backdoor holding Maurvi's hand. A car was already parked there as per bhai's plan. Bhai made her sit in it.  I went towards them. He hugged me and thanked me but I shook my head, smiled and hugged Maurvi too. He told me to take care of everything and I told him to rest assure and they went on their honeymoon to escape his friends.

I was going back to my room when Mayank called up. Why was he calling me so early?

I picked up the call, " Hello?? "

" Sid, come to the hospital immediately." He said.

" What?? Why? "  I was surprised. He knew that I was on leave.

" Shruti is here, she is very tensed. Her uncle had a heart attack last night and she was in hospital since then her aunt was crying bitterly. "  He told me.

" What!! Oh, God! Did you talk to her?? How is she? "  I was tensed for her.

" I was shocked to see her and went to meet her but she shook her head, the moment she saw me coming towards her.  An angry young man was standing there. So, I asked, as a doctor should ask a junior doctor. She told me that he had a heart attack."

" Oh, it must be her cousin Nihal. He is too strict, it is good that you asked her like a colleague. "

" I helped her in getting everything readily available for her. She was crying but there seemed to be some tension between her and that man. I tried to ask her but that man was glaring at me. I didn't want her to face more problems because of me. "

" Thanks, I am glad you were there and your assessment was right. She would have been in a problem with him around her. I am coming. " I said and rushed to the hospital and I went to ICU.

She was outside the ICU door, I rushed to her and the moment she saw me, She came towards me and tried to smile but failed miserably. She has been crying, I could not control my emotions and I hugged her.  She looked very sad and tired.

" How are you, love?? Why didn't you call me?? "

" It was their special day, I could not spoil it. I didn't want you to worry about me. It was your brother's wedding. "