17. Pr. Strange

Sunaina and Aranika were in the big room along with the two dasis fanning on the either sides of the diwaan.

S: I am still feeling like Sita and Urmila are still my littles girls. Never noticed that they grown up to be big women. Sita is no longer my kutty girl, she is now mother of Kosala rajkumari.

The early months after Maithilis marriage was such a hard time in our lives. Then we saw how much Raghavas care for our daughters, our sadness lost its way in our lives. Instead happiness settled in it place. Ram, Lakshman, Bharat and Shatrughan are no different from our sons. Such a Down to earth princes.

It would be good if Bharat and Shatrughan were also present here, Kousalya ji said they went to kekeya rajya to meet their grand father and uncle.

Aranika: {hope Valmiki rishi will give more details this time}

"Maa!!!" Sunaina heard a painful loud cry from outside. She and dasi Sarla rushed outside to see what happened. "Mugdha take care of Aranika" Sunaina ordered just before stepping out of the room.

When Sunaina went out she saw Urmi fell down on the ground;struggling to get up. Seems like Urmila hurt her foot. Sunaina and Sarla got her back. They took her into Aranika's room (Sita's and Ram's room) and made her lie down on the bed.

"Lie down urmi, Sarla bring some oil" Sunaina ordered.

Sarla quickly brought the pain healing oil from the tall cupboard. Sunaina started massaging Urmi's foot. That provided her some relief from the pain.

"You should have been more careful! are your eyes present on top of head Urmi?!" Sunaina fired.

"I was walking carefully only, but slipped due to water on the floor"

"Today I realized I raised a girl with eyes on top of her head! See, how you sprained your foot, It will take at least 1 week to recover" Sunaina fretted observing how severe the sprain was.

"Sorry Maa... See,the pain is decreasing" Urmila tried to cool the fuming queen.

"What sorry? When you were a child, your almost drowned in the river. If Sita and Mandavi weren't there, I couldn't even imagine!!! And you are saying the pain is decreasing! Oh master of hiding emotions, just admit that you are careless about yourself" Sunaina said

"Maa, that happened atleast two decades ago, I am saying sorry na"

"Next time, keep your eyes on the ground and walk Understand!" Sunaina ordered. Her eyes got moist but no one observed as everyone's focus is on Urmila, Urmila's eyes were on her paining foot.

Worried Aranika got down the divaan with difficulty caused by her small size and went near the bed. She held Urmila's hand with teary eyes and asked how she is feeling in her own language "Amma, aaba ataaa ya"

"Nothing Arani just a small sprain,it will take few days to recover. Don't cry Raghavi" She wiped Aranika's tears and lifted up Raghavi to put her on the bed. "So tell me how was your day with your grandparents?" she asked turning towards her

"Aaa, aanad saa" Aranika said dully

"By hearing your response I can say you had a good day but why aren't you smiling?"

Aranika pointed towards Urmila's feet and expressed her concern.

"Awee, my sweet girl. Don't worry, I will recover in few days and start playing with you Okay?"

"Hmmm" She nodded fake smiling.

"I need to take rest as per my mother's order, go play with Maa,Mugdha and Sarla" Urmila smiled.