Episode 56 of 62

This is an ongoing story. If it's your first time reading the novel I suggest you start from Episode 1. If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there.

 If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there

Kingdom of the Red Rose
(Episode 56 of 62)
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Limitless Human Soul
(Part 3 of 3)

Heaven's light poured over Barren Stretch and the golden rocky surface was burning hot, glowing as the light bounced off it. Small sand dunes expanded as far as the eye could see deep into Purgatory, and not more than one hundred meters away from Griffin and Haron stood Heaven's wall.

Haron waited until Griffin flew across from him.

"I see you have decided to show everyone your true form, Griffin. At least you are not a copy of me anymore."

Griffin replied in a growl.

"I see my student is no longer with us, but I know he is somewhere in there. I demand you let me speak to him."

"We have nothing to say, Haron. I'm not interested in fighting you," Griffin replied.

"You'll have to, if you want to enter Heaven."

"Haron!" Michael screamed from the ground. "The Cherubs say he somehow managed to reach for their souls and forced them to pass out. Be careful."

"Is this true Griffin? Have you discovered how to reach for souls?"

"Yes, but I never removed it. I only tugged on it a little, just enough for them to pass out."

"Why not kill them?"

"I'm not interested in killing them."

"And who are you interested in killing? The Council of Heaven?"

"Only if they force my hand."

"Why are you trying to enter Heaven?"

"I want to talk with the Council."

"Then what? Kill them?"

"As I said, only if they force my hand."

"And what if they do, where will the killing stop Griffin?"

"At Lucifer. Once I devour his soul and free Emma, then I'll stop."

"I cannot let you do that," Haron held Grim Reaper with both hands.

"Don't make me do this!" Griffin screamed.

"Then stop this at once! You cannot threaten Heaven!"

"I can and I will! Stand down or the killing starts with you!"

"Bring it," Haron dropped his cloak to the ground.

The cloak slammed to the ground hard and raised a small dust cloud. It was unnaturally heavy. Griffin looked down at it in surprise, as did Gabriel.