Episode 38 of 62

This is an ongoing story. If it's your first time reading the novel I suggest you start from Episode 1. If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there.

 If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there

Kingdom of the Red Rose
(Episode 38 of 62)
Chapter Fourteen: Hidden Past
(Part 2 of 3)

Griffin contacted Archangel Michael and they agreed to meet. The Archangel was overseeing a training exercise. When Griffin arrived at the training grounds, they seemed deserted. Several white cloth canopies stood high with some abandoned benches beneath them. Griffin sat in the shade and patiently waited, guessing the Archangel and his team would soon return. Almost two hours passed before Michael and a team of forty Angels returned. They flew down to the canopies, moved to the benches and sat down, politely shoving Griffin out of his seat and eventually off the bench. All the Angels were covered in sweat and breathing heavily, but they all had a smile on their face, talking loudly about a race and bursting into laughter.

"Griffin," Archangel Michael said as he moved next to Griffin, "You wanted to talk about something?"

"Yes. I did something you might not like."

"You revisited your past, searching for what we agreed you would try and avoid."

Griffin stared at Michael.

"What? Did you really think Gabriel wouldn't tell me you visited him?"

Griffin lowered his eyes to the ground and remained silent.

"Did your trip to the past uncover anything?" the Archangel asked, wrongly believing Griffin reacted in shame. He didn't notice Griffin squeezing his fists hard and his hands trembling slightly.

"No, and that's why I wanted to talk to you."

"Talk to me about what? You already know I think you should just forget the whole thing and start trying to follow orders. I offered to look into Emma Hartley and the memories of the soul you saved from Hell, but you never sent me a copy of your data."

"How can you lie to me, and straight to my face? Does it not bother you at all?" Griffin raised his voice, drawing everyone's attention.

"I suggest you lower your voice Griffin, and I have no idea what you are talking about," Michael remained calm.

"You are a God damned liar, Michael."

Michael gave Griffin a nasty threatening glare, as if he were staring down a Demon, but it was too late. Griffin was blinded by rage and he could not see the Archangel's warning look, nor would he care if he saw it.

Griffin raged. "You watched the recordings the Council has of me collecting that last soul. You know I saw the image of that woman before I touched the soul. Your theory of me watching memories that belong to the soul is bullshit and you know it. You weren't trying to help me. You were looking to shut me up. To get me in line and behave like the rest of the good members on your team," Griffin pointed at the Angels resting under the canopies.