Chapter Fifteen

Madelyn woke up the next morning with Stefan sleeping on her floor, and Damon in her bed. She took a moment to remember what had happened last night and as soon as she did she wanted to cry. Why was she never good enough?

She muffled her crying into her hand. But Stefan, who was already up heard her. "Hey, hey I'm so fucking Sorry. I swear I was going to pull away when Damon arrived. But it was like I was the same seventeen year old boy being compelled to love someone he feared. That house made me feel human again, its where everything went wrong in my life," stefan himself had tears rolling down his face as he spoke, he knew Damon was awake, from his breathing but he knew he wouldn't move until they had talked out their problems.

"How am I supposed to believe what you say?" She asked quietly. She wanted to believe him, but she was so unable to trust him now.

"You said there's a spell to read minds right?" He asked. Maddie nodded her head. "Do it."

Maddie looked at the vampire in shock, she had told him it could be painful yet he was willing to do it for her. Her heart warmed slightly. "You have to be sure, this may be painful." Stefan nodded, he had to prove to her that he only wanted her.

Madelyn pulled away from him, grabbing her wand. "Legilimens," she cast.

The ruins of the Salavtore mansion always had me feeling odd, and being here with the Katherine lookalike only made it worse. He should have asked Madelyn to come with him, but he didn't want to worry her or to show her the place where all the dark moments in his life seemed to stem from.

"Stefan," he heard Elena whisper seductively. Her words seemingly brought him into a daze as he looked at her. He didn't see Elena, he only saw Katherine. Fear ran through him like poison especially after she placed her dry lips on his soft ones.

His mind screamed to run, that this woman was disgusting and wrong but he froze. 'No I don't want this! Stop!' His head screamed and as he goes to pull away he heard the angry voice of his brother. "What the fuck stefan?"

As madelyn pulled out of her mind she had to sit down. Stefans panic filled her like ice and she felt sick to her stomach at his fear. "Is that what it's like being compelled to love someone?"

"I've heard it's different for everyone, she compelled me when I was scared for my life. That kind of emotion usually stays. Some days, I felt like myself and I felt happy with her. Others I was actually myself and the fear I felt only tripled when I couldn't display how I was feeling. I think that's why I told my father she was a vampire. A part of me knew it was the only way to get rid of her."

Damon sat up at this and gave his brother an emotional hug, in that moment Damon had never hated anyone more than Katherine for what she'd done to his little brother.