Chapter Six

Stefan Salvatore had seen his mate kiss his brother, and surprisingly he couldn't bring him to feel angry. He was more angry at the fact he left her neglect damon as he knew the affects on them would soon take place, and he wanted his brother happy. Eventhough he'd never tell him that. About to head over to the Gilbert residence he stopped at his brothers room, who was nursing a glass of Bourbon miserably.

"I saw what happened at the grill," stefan stated. His voice void of any emotion.

Damon rolled his eyes, "in case you've forgotten shes my mate too. Yet I can't have her because she wants you."

Stefan felt bad for his brother, knowing that he felt like second best to his brother. And slightly glad he's no longer pinning over a dead woman said "I'm going to the Gilbert's for dinner. I want you to come with me."

Damon's demeanor changed to one of complete and utter surprise. "Wait what?"

"Yeah, the only reason she won't be with you is because she met me first and doesn't want to destroy our relationship. So if we can show her we are happy to share-" Stefan started but was cut off by a hug. It had been years since Damon had hugged him, or even shook his hand politely,  so he went completely rigid. And soon relax, patting his brother on the back. "Get ready im leaving in ten."

--

"You explain it. Last night, I'm watching Nine-o, a commercial breaks come on and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial. And sure enough, it's that guy and the girl with the bench, he flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture," bonnie says as she talks to elena and maddie in their kitchen. Waiting for stefan to show up. Maddie still wasn't happy with elena and made that abundantly clear. "Oh come on. That commercials on a constant loop," elena denied with a small laugh.

"
Fine. Well, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. 3 numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?" Bonnie tried again, maddie was quiet. Knowing the young girl was a servant of nature and didn't want to say anything that said she believed her or not. As grams had asked her to be the one to introduce Bonnie to to the supernatural world.

"
Maybe we should play the lottery. Have you talked to your grams?" Maddie asked her with a small smile on her face. Bonnie smiled at Maddie, as before she had met Stefan she was totally different. She was quiet and tired. Like she hadn't slept in months. She still seemed tired but, better.

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?" Bonnies asked the too. Maddie nodded her head, as being a witch destroyed her but made her at the same time.

"I dont wanna be a witch."

"Putting takeaway into a nice bowl isn't fooling anyone. You know I couldve just cooked? I've been taught by the best cook I know," maddie smiled reminiscent of all the times molly taught her too cook. "Yeah well its my dinner party," elena forced out. Both of the other girls rolled their eyes in annoyance. Elena really truly thought she was the dogs bollocks.

"Yes, but its my boyfriend youre inviting around," maddie said with a tight smile.

"Anyway, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?" Elena asked, changing the subject and having a quick look round the room. Maddie had no clue where it was, unless she used her magic, as she spent most of her time at hogwarts. Well not anymore. 'Little drawer on your left," bonnie and maddie said in sync. Elena said something that maddie ignored, as she was starting to get nervous. She wanted to get Elena and Bonnie to like stefan, and for Elena to back the fuck off.