Chapter Twelve

The next morning Madelyn had woke up tense

The next morning Madelyn had woke up tense. Elena knowing about vampires was not good, and her reaction to it was not great either. She could tell someone and get the Salvatore's killed. Madelyn finally had everything she wanted. She would be damned before she allowed Elena Gilbert to fuck that up. 

When she saw Elena leaving the house that morning she knew it was too meet Stefan, Madelyn knew that Elena didn't want her there. Hence why she was trying to meet Stefan alone. Little did she know that Stefan had already invited her, and when she walked over to the table they sat at awkwardly she received a not so subtle glare from Elena. "You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet me here. When you google 'vampire' you get a world of fiction. What's the reality? "

"I can tell you whatever you want to know," Stefan replied casually without a hint of a smile. Causing Elena to slightly tense up. 

"I know you eat garlic," Elena said. Stefan replied as Madelyn rolled her eyes. Being a muggle without any knowledge in the earths supernatural worlds must be annoying. Humans think they are superior to everything, yet 75% of their world is made up with supernatural creatures that could kill them without hesitation. 

"And, somehow, sunlight's not an issue?" Elena questioned in her condescending tone. A waitress interrupted the three, placing coffee in front of Elena and Stefan and a tea in front of Madelyn. 

"We have rings to protect us," Stefan said as he held up his hand. 

"Crucifixes?" She asked. 

"Decorative," Madelyn snorted. 

"Holy water?" 

"Drinkable," Answered Stefan. 

"Mirrors?"

"Myth," Called Maddie. 

"You said you don't kill to survive," Elena pointed out. 

"Animal blood keeps me alive," Not mentioning that he was now on a diet of Madelyn's and human blood. For the first time since he had transformed he was totally in control of his urges that he didn't even notice when a human was bleeding. All thanks to his mate. "Though that makes him weaker than a human blood drinker, say Damon for instance?" Maddie pointed out. They both knew if Elena knew that Stefan feeds from her Elena would kick off. 

"And you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena snapped at the two.

Jealously quickly rippled through Maddie as she thought about it, "They had a one night stand Elena. They aren't exactly involved."

"Are there any others, aside from you and Damon?" Elena asked. 

"Well obviously," Maddie replied bored. Stefan placed a light hand on her thigh. 

"Not in Mystic Falls, not anymore," Stefan added. 

"Not anymore?" Elena questioned. Madelyn rolled her eyes again at the doppleganger. If Stefan and Damon were born here, how did she expect them to turn if there are no other vampires?

"There was a time when this town was very much aware of vampires and it didn't end well for anybody. That's why it's important that you don't tell anyone," Stefan said. 

"I can't promise that." 

"Well why the fuck not Elena? Damon and Stefan aren't hurting anyone. Damon's not killing anymore and Stefan hasn't touched anyone in this shitty town. You go round screaming vampire and they will both be killed," Madelyn snapped at her sister. Who did Elena think she is? Deciding her mates fates as if she was anyone of importance. 

"I will answer any questions that you have and when it's over you can decide for yourself what you wanna do with what you know," Stefan's words annoyed Maddie. Something he could feel through the mate bond. She felt that he was putting too much trust into Elena, and caring what she throught of him far too much. 

"Well why you two Girlies do that i have things to do. Later," She said. Getting up from the table, leaving some money for her drink, and going. Without a goodbye to either people at the table.