Chapter 12

I stood there in shock as we just looked at each other. Everyone around us seemed confused about how we knew each other. "Madelyn? Is that really you," Bryan finally spoke while taking a step toward me. I knew right then that this man in front of me was my brother I lost all those years ago.

I stepped out of Marcus's hold and quickly made my way to my brother, who was doing the same. As soon as we were about to step into each other's embrace, I was pulled back into Marcus. "Mine!" he growled out while pulling me away. I tried to get out of his grip, but he was too strong for me. "Marcus let me go," I said after failing to get out of his grasp. I looked up at him to see he was shooting daggers at Bryan who looked pissed.  I happened to look over to see Clover looking like she was about to burst into tears.

I realized they didn't know we were brother and sister. I turned to look back at Marcus and get his attention. "Will you please let me go?" I asked looking at Marcus. "No. You are mine, not his," he said while tightening his grip. Bryan spoke up as he realized the situation and could tell I was struggling, "Alpha, I understand she is yours, and I won't take her from you. I do ask that you let my sister go so I can hug her after all this time." Bryan looked at Marcus and then at me with shock still present in his eyes. Marcus's whole body seemed to relax before he realized what Bryan had said. "Wait, did you say sister?" Marcus said with shock written all over his face. I looked to Clover who looked relieved and started to make her way over to us. Bryan only nodded seeming to be lost for words as he looked to almost be in tears.

"Please let me go," I said barely above a whisper. I just wanted so badly to hug my brother, who I still can't believe is standing in front of me. Marcus quickly let me go, and I wasted no time in turning and running into Bryan's open arms. The feeling of familiarity washed over me as we stood there hugging each other. I hadn't realized I had started to cry till I felt the wetness on Bryan's shirt. I looked up to Bryan to really study his features. It seemed as if he didn't age much from the last time I saw him. He still had his brown hair and hazel eyes just like our dad.

"What happened to you? I tried to find you after everything happened, but I couldn't find your scent anywhere," Bryan asked after we finally pulled apart. I knew Bryan was going to be upset when I tell him what happened to me. He was always overprotective of me. "I think we should go inside and talk about all that," I said while stepping back. Marcus quickly pulled me to his side and leaned down to breathe in my scent.

As we made our way inside, I realized that some of the people in the group would be hearing this for the first time. There will also be details that no one else has heard. I know there are lots I will still leave out. I am not ready to talk about it, and I am not sure I ever will be. We made our way up to Marcus's office where everyone found a place to sit. In the room were Marcus, Everett, Clover, Bryan, Polly, Sam, and myself.

I took a deep breath knowing I was about to have to live through this once more. Marcus rubbed my back in a soothing way to try and comfort me.

"This might be hard to hear so at any point someone can tell me to stop," I say while fidgeting with my hands. I knew I would one day have to speak about what happened to me, but I didn't realize it would be to my brother who I thought was dead.

"I am not even sure where to star," I said while looking at everyone in the room. Everett was the first to speak up, "Just start from the beginning and say what you are comfortable sharing." I smiled at him feeling better. Marcus growled lowly at Everett which caused me to smack his shoulder. "He was just helping so be nice." Marcus pulled me down to his lap to hold me while I started talking.

"I guess I will start from the day we got attacked," I said while looking at Bryan who looked like he was hanging onto every word I was saying.