40 |

Update time lomls - long message at the end for you all

Enjoy

___________

Y/n continued to look at Eunji like she had three heads. Now how was she supposed to reply to such a blunt question? Was it that obvious that she had such a disliking towards Jungkooks soulmate?

"I have no idea what you mean Eunji," She replied, heart dropping as they made eye contact.

Then there was a silence. One that Y/n could only explain as the eerie quietness before a jumpscare in a horror movie. You could hear a pin drop and even Yeontan on her lap seemed to be uncomfortable in this situation. Eunji seemed to be spaced out, face relaxed besides the one eyebrow raised on her pale face. Her fingers tapped against her crossed knee, and the way y/n was inspecting her, you might mistake it for her checking Eunji out. That is if you didn't feel the pressure of a thousand elephants in the room.

Eunji looked up again, something almost of a twitch in her making Y/n feel the dread in her veins. And then she laughed.

She gripped the side arm of the couch, her nails digging into it; Y/n imagined it was her skin being torn into. Eunji laughed non stop, her cheeks getting slightly pink by the heat rushing to her face. That's when Yeontan looked up at y/n, the two exchanging what can only be looks of concern.

"I'm kidding! You should have seen your face!" Eunji yipped, her howls of laughter drowning out Y/n's low anxious one.

"I get it. I'm Jungkook's new soulmate. I'm sure it takes everyone time to warm up to each other. But with a soulmate like Taehyung, I'm sure you're defensive against any girl," Eunji continued.

The statement made Y/n freeze, something boiling under her skin that made even Yeontan squirm a little in her lap. A soulmate like Taehyung? What was that supposed to mean?

'He's older than you. You shouldn't speak so informally."

Eunji's laughter stopped, Y/n's eyes slightly narrowed towards the younger girl. She seemed to be speechless in a sense, before the first flash of worry crossed her eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be offensive in any way"

Y/n didn't have time to reply, the door opening sent Yeontan into a bundle of barks as he took off towards Taehyung and Jungkook.

Eunji quickly smiled, the worried facade instantly dropping as Jungkook walked through the living room entrance.

"Baby!"

She squealed, and Y/n flinched as she continued to squeal into Jungkooks arms. It was extremely strange how Jungkook was suddenly okay with physical touch. The boy was only touchy with the other members, and that was years of friendship and trust. And now he was picking up this girl and kissing her. Then again, they were soulmates. She just thought that his awkwardness would've taken a while to get used to. But it most definitely didn't.

Taehyung walked through next, him bumping shoulders with Jungkook as he kissed Eunji quiet graphically.

"Not in my living room dude"

Y/n smiled and stood up to meet Tae halfway. He smoothly looped his arm around her waist and pulled her into a hug. She felt his lips pressed into her head, he took a slight inhale of her hair. Vanilla bean.

He went to pull back, but Y/n pulled him closer in an attempt to feel better after that whole situation with Eunji.

'Well someone missed me- how was the last day of school before break?"